Gas Prices

binch

Well that was an interesting price hike at the pumps eh!??! Heard there was going to be an increase (and right before the long weekend too...go figure) so the wife and I took the two 4x4's (Disco and 4Runner) to join the rank and file of the others in wait. The station ran out of regular so they started selling off mid grade at the same price (bonus 1). When it came time to pay da man we each had a coupon for 7cent off a lt (bonus 2). When they rang the bill through we got and extra 3cents a lt off (bonus 3). Today the prices were either the same or up 14 cents a lt depending on where you look).

The moral of the story......Take 4 gerry cans with you and just grin and bear it!!!!

cheers,Bill ;)

And to think...In the UK they are paying much much higher then that!!! But then there's Venezuela.....I could only wish to have such low prices. It's funny how the price of oil affects our gas prices but the cost of an oil change has been affected much at all in the past 3 years!??!? Funny that.....

We have a big road tour coming up and plan to put on between 7000 and 8000 km in two weeks. And I ain't gonna change my plans!!!!! I guess I'll just have to bulk up on cheap Alberta fuel before I leave eh???? hahahhaahhahahhahhah

cheers,bill

YOU DAWG!!!! :D

Soon I too will have the diesel luxury when my 2.5lt 110 is finished.......then I will laugh with you.

cheers,bill

Right Bill............. very good fuel economy with the 2.5 but it will take all day to get anywhere :) :)

Right Bill............. very good fuel economy with the 2.5 but it will take all day to get anywhere :) :)

Will it be any slower them my 88 4runner with the 2.4 lt (4 banger gas engine)???? We have the discovery to get there fast. But when I'm not in a hurry the 110 with the 2.5 will be just ducky.

Let the fumes begin!!

cheers,Bill