Siverstone Extreme Tyres

MudAllOverIt

Apologies if this has been discussed before, but don't they look familiar ;)

The 33 x 10.5 size looks particularly interesting as in theory it should work OK with the 2" lift we have on the D90 -- don't really need to go to 35" for the stuff I do but something just a bit bigger than stock 31"/32" would be useful.

Doesn't seem to be much info out there on these tyres though -- not even listed on Silverstone's own web site -- anyone know anything about 'em? :huh:

I have had a good look at them as an alternative to SIMEX, but the saving is very little so sticking with SIMEX. If you don't need quite as much grip my other tyre is 255x85x16 BFG MT, which are very good and quieter on road also cheaper :rolleyes:

Got my BFG’s from Nene Valley Tyres, Simex from Devon 4x4.

Peter

Bill,

I think someone said to me that these were limited supply, esp the other sizes, ie what your after ?...phone and check ?

I also had the "Tyre 2 step" as to what to go for, in the end I went for 34x10.50x16 Simex Jungle trekers, and am pleased, they are NOT as ultimately grippy as the Extremes, but in some circumstances that can be an advantage !

Don't dismiss JTs completely !

Nige

I have had a good look at them as an alternative to SIMEX, but the saving is very little so sticking with SIMEX. If you don't need quite as much grip my other tyre is 255x85x16 BFG MT, which are very good and quieter on road also cheaper :rolleyes:

Got my BFG’s from Nene Valley Tyres, Simex from Devon 4x4.

Peter

I am too much of a tart to buy thses. If the were £50 a tyre cheaper than i would buy them but as they are not alot cheaper then i would go for the real ones and not the copies

in the end I went for 34x10.50x16 Simex Jungle trekers, and am pleased, they are NOT as ultimately grippy as the Extremes

Not sure what I'm looking for to be honest :o

Our D90 came with 265/70-R16 Colway MTs fitted which do a pretty good job on the whole and 265/75-R16 Colway MTs which I now think are available are an option when the current set wear out.

Was just thinking about what the widest, tallest and best tyre for wet peat/boggy conditions would be and what size I could fit to the D90 which has a 2" lift fitted without having to hack the standard wheel arch trim or over-gear the D90 too much.

On the face of it something in 33x11.50 or 33x10.50 would seem about right :unsure:

How do the JTs do in wet peat and boggy terrain? That's the sort of stuff we have most trouble in -- probably not helped by the factory-fitted Superwinch H14 and huge winch bumper (it's an ex-utility vehicle) which adds a lot of weight to the front of the D90 :o