200Tdi euro emissions classification?

Paul64

Hi, I'm having trouble finding clear information on the euro emissions classification of a 200Tdi engine? I have heard that it has a non-euro classification, but cannot find anything online to support this, and there is nothing on the logbook that I can see. One person has said that thinksit has a EURO III classification, but I thought that would apply to the 300Tdi? Also does anyone one know how many grammes of CO2 a 200tdi engine kicks out per kilometre?

I'm trying to import my Land Rover to Romania and have been using this calculator to work out the importation tax. http://www.depozitauto.ro/taxa_de_inmatriculare.php If it is a non-euro engine, and non utility vehicle with lots of seats (Station Wagon), it is working out at around 20,000 EURO importation tax, which I can't believe is right??!

Thanks in advance,

Paul

doesn't look like it was even designed with euro 1 in mind (from wikipedia)

Although the 200Tdi engine had been an undoubted technological and sales success, it had certain limitations and flaws that needed to be rectified. Despite the numerous differences, it was still in essence a direct-injection version of the older Diesel Turbo engine.[63] It was also considered rather raucous and unrefined, especially for use in the Discovery and Range Rover models.[67] A special version of the engine had to be produced to fit the Defender, and problems with weak head gasket had been identified.[68] The British Army (and some other military buyers) had not opted for the 200Tdi because it could not be fitted with a 24-volt generator for powering radio equipment- instead the Army continued to buy vehicles with 2.5-litre naturally aspirated diesels.[60] Upcoming European diesel emissions regulations(Euro I) meant that Land Rover would be forced to radically alter the engine anyway.

Its the same here, they made it impossible to import any older land rovers or any other old car for that matter, due to the eurocrats and thier emissions laws.

Or if you manage to import it, the yearly road tax cost will make you scrap it!

G