3 Link ?...or what other options maybe ?

Heres another, which I have looked at many a time to work out whats been done !

mogramp.jpg

Nige

It's on tringulated 4 link.

Personally i'd stay away from a lower 3 link system, as it puts far to much stress on the axle case.

upper 3 link with the 3rd link above the diff works well though

Safari Gard is a Bottom Linked one.

Had a closer look at a 2nd Hand one today, the main tube (which must take a HUGE Strain) is very very thin indeed :huh:

Also the 3rd link is a bottom mounted type, and I swear I could see a twist in one the the base mounts - the unit was tho like new :blink: so not overly impressed with the qulaity of the kit.

Look like it is typically built down to a price rather than up to a spec ?

Wots the Gon2Far link system ? top or bottom link mounted ?

Their website seems to be down completely :angry: wots the point in that ?...QT show nothing at all, brillinat bit of marketing (not) :lol: In desperation I phoned......helpful ???

Can a Drunk Bear ride a bicycle ?

Ring Ring Ring Ring..............

Hello ?

Hi is that QT ?

yes,

Hi, the 3 link kit you do ?

Oh yes the 3 link yes......

I have a Question on it :)

Yes...?

Is the 3rd Link top or bottom mounted ?

The what ?

THE 3RD LINK :angry::angry:

Erm......Don't know - which bit is that ?

The bit that goes between the crossmember and the diff ? :angry:

Erm.....hold on I'll ask

Sorry we don't know would you like a brochure ? :lol:

QUALITY TAT as ever.............................. :lol:

so...............anyone know about the above and ....

Anyone else make these ?.....

Even less convined around 3 link so far.................... :(

Nige

Safari Gard is a Bottom Linked one.

Had a closer look at a 2nd Hand one today, the main tube (which must take a HUGE Strain) is very very thin indeed :huh:

Also the 3rd link is a bottom mounted type, and I swear I could see a twist in one the the base mounts - the unit was tho like new :blink: so not overly impressed with the qulaity of the kit.

Look like it is typically built down to a price rather than up to a spec ?

Wots the Gon2Far link system ? top or bottom link mounted ?

Nige

The gon2far is a lower 3 link system.

What would be very nice would be a 5 link system with a very large seperation at the axle end (say 12"), then you run the n/s upper link on pip pins so you can drop it out (giving you a missing link system) when you really want the front to work.

Hey presto best of both worlds :)

And s**tloads of fabrication :D

gallery_1113_147_36071.jpg

You are linking to the thumbnail and not the larger image. Look at the pic you want in the gallery, left click on the thumbnail, when the larger picture appears, right click on that, select properties then highlight and copy the url before pasting it in here. Or, like I just did, you could remove the "tn_" from the url of the picture above.

Chris

Or go direct to Andy the guy who designed the 'QT' 3-link...

http://www.whitepeakengineering.com

Click on the link ...

It says fo to QT to order

Based on the above I think I rather have Mr Warne weld it up for me FFS :lol:

Nige

DAN

Fancy a drawing of what you describing

Please bear in mind on your commnet re "A Missing Link" my 90 many people think it already has one

Me :D

So design it with 2 missing links, mechanical and human :) ??

Nige

Another alternative is to split the axle casing and put in a bearing pack so the axle housing can twist.

It has been done on touring cars with a rear beam axle (not live) and some 4x4 in the US.

You could even put a clutch pack into it so you could lock it out at times.

Just a different way to do it.

Tried hinged radius arms, great for mucking about on axle twisters but not a good idea climbing up big steps with a cliff to the drivers side. With the front up in the air and unweighted, give it some gas to bring the back up and it torque steers too much.

The Bronco guys run a mount for the radius arm that can slide along the axle tube.

All these are just trying to get another degree of freedom into the front axle location so will all affect handling.

FB

Hmmmmmmmmm

Sorry but IMHO the gon2far kit is riuned with the immation 'Gold Snot'

Poorly made and even worse welding. I know of 3 racers who have thrown the QT arms in the bin, and 1 that has had probs 1ST TIME OUT with the rear arms..........

Gon2Far was definately on my list .......but there is no way I would fit or trust it now, ........

Real Shame as I think the proto type I saw was very well made indeed (decently made arms not the Gold-Snot junk they are now) ... so now absolutley no way now would I even consider a Gon2Far system ...oook at those photos abobe !!!!!!!!!!

shame , big shame ..............as could have been a market leader :(

Ho hum

NEXT ?

Nige

Hmmmmm

It is a thought....

VERY Interested in Dirty D*****ls (its a swear word don'tcherknow :lol: ) ideas...

.........maybe he can post up a selection of his back of fag packet ideas ? B)

Looked at a Safari Gard unit today, the main RHS was very thin and a tad twisted I thought....I also wondered why it was RHS as opposed to say a nice bit of round pipe with a BIG OD and siutable wall ?...this way it may not "Catch" on things so easy ?...but at least the welds looked ok, and not done by a retard on a pogo stick whilst being tickled

So, ....Hey ho maybe, .....

but, if I make something then I would like some drawings ideas and sketches etc ?...

so what have you got ?

Do you wnat me e-mail to send them over ..............or post up here ?

Still thinking, ?.... :rolleyes:

Second thought....If I stamped on both you hands, kicked you hard it the ***s and poked you in both eyes with a pointy stick, (other than being annoyed with me :lol: )...could you weld even then as badly as the photos above ??

Jeeeez C............. Worrying doesn't even start to come into it ! :lol: ??

Nige