3 Link ?...or what other options maybe ?

I was thinking more like a fabricated box, now its even easier :) .

Looks like he's using 'Nylatron'(?) for the centre bushing, nice and easy too.

Thanks Bush, that's great a help.

Andy

Yes, they run a plastic bush on the trunnion.

• 1 month later...

Although everything has been written/done I thought to add another page after visiting the Italian 4X4 Fest and a short chat with Bill.

There's a Safarigard 3 link system upstairs to study...

...well,the 3-link itself is still missing...!

The idea was to look at the system and the principles of the 3 link,and improve it/develop our own version...

I had the chance to give some Jeeps a look at the Fest,and I was surprised into seeing they gain noticeable wheel travel at front with this way of 3/4 linking,where the radius arm splits close to the axle and a bracket is welded on to locate the 3rd link.

Something like this:

gallery_76_27_17280.jpg

Or even 2,one on each arm,well upper than the SG which is located down on the track rod guard.

It's probably me,but it looked really simple.

Would it work on a Rover axle as well?

Just to toy with the idea,I'd like someone to explain the basics behind.

Quoting myself here from a PM to Bill,

so far I understood a 3rd link shifted to one side (to clear oil pan etc) and mounted high would be better than a centered,lower one...

...mount it higher and this force is better spred across the 3 links?

Then maybe add a mirror copy and go 4 link instead?

I found a link I'll add later...

• 1 year later...
Evenin' Peeps

I have done some major tweaks with the 90s suspension....

loads of tweaks, ..........over months of thought and work, ......fabrication ......ideas, (some worked :) some did not :( - ) - but I have sort of now reached a sort of 'crossroads'

Try as I might I have run out of 'options' and 'ideas' to get any more 'movement' out of the front axle , using the existing type of setup ie std jockey arms etc - I think I need to get more radical if I want any more movement ??

Heres what I've have got to so far..... http://www.fuddymuckers.co.uk/gallery/kitt...n%20testing.wmv .......if yer curious

.............so am thinking of 3 linking .............or something else maybe ???? maybe that I haven't even thought about ?

I post this question as I will be interested in the views :

1. Safari Gard, and Gon2Far are the only 2 companies I know of who make / supply 3 Link ???

views please on both ?, and I seriously do NOT like the QT **** on the Gon2far unit, so probably wouldn't buy that period !......

Are there any other makers / suppliers of 3 link units ? ?

2. Option 2 is I could build my own, .....if so how could the above be improved upon ..........if I built from scratch ?

3. If anyone has a 2nd hand unit they want to sell, ...........then PM me ! as I'm a huntin' at the mo

Discuss ......and I look forward to some input to help me think through..........

or other ideas other than 3 link ?

Nige

dredge dredge (sorry came across this old one whilst looking for x-link stuff)

1 year (and a bit) on did you come to any decision or did 8 pages of complicated postings convince you to send it to the back burner for a while

dredge dredge (sorry came across this old one whilst looking for x-link stuff)

1 year (and a bit) on did you come to any decision or did 8 pages of complicated postings convince you to send it to the back burner for a while

:lol:

1 Year on I have megajolted then full megasquirted the engine :) plus a raft of other mods n tweaks

Front suspension I am thinking about - but decided 3 link and the BHP I have as moglite said is a 'seriously unhealthy' and 'bad' idea :lol:

I have the exhaust build next on the agenda, plus a GPS / Megatune / Greenlanning Tablet in 90 PC :) , and wheels oh and winch upspeeding - but me thoughts will return to the suspension at some point :D

Nige