AWDC Challenge North West

Boothy

Due to a lack of Northern events in 2012 John Sales and Chris Booth are pleased to announce

The AWDC Challenge North West Series 2012

This will consist of a new series of 4 events at Northern and Welsh sites, comprising of a 30 car maximun entry, a classless scoring system based on traction aids/number of winches etc (yet to be fully announced).

We are delighted to have the full backing of the AWDC complete with MSA insurance and will basing our rules and technical regulations on the "AWDC Challenger" series

The events will be of a standard format complete with special stages.

The 4 events will be individual rounds along with an overall series trophy to be presented at the end of the year.

We have some exciting new sponsors from the 4x4 world but are keen to attract more and are more than happy to be approached.

It is hoped to strongly promote the social side of these events but they will all be based on a one day only format with camping etc.

We have a mainstream 4x4 magazine keen to feature the different rounds complete with photographs.

We will have no restriction on traction aids, oversized tyres, number of winches etc but these will be subjected to a percentage score yet to be announced.

This early announcement it NOT intended to be the start of an open debate.

These events will be priced a £65 / event and a discount if all 4 are pre paid at £240

Preliminary dates and sites are as follows,

22nd April 2012, Upplands Coppice, Nr Bridgenorth

24th June, TBC

9th September at Mow Cop, near Congleton, Staffs/Cheshire border, this is instead of the 26th August

28th October,TBC

More details entry forms and regs will be posted soon.

Please show this your full support, we are doing this to put something back into the sport and for competitors from the North of the country who don't have much to do next year.

We are activly seeking sponsors, marshalls and setters out etc.

Please don't be picky of this post we are Northern you know.

Please contact either John 07798 900812, or myself Chris 07973 775045

Round 3 will be the 9th September at Mow Cop, near Congleton, Staffs/Cheshire border, this is instead of the 26th August.

I'm trying to find a way to edit my original post.

Also by pre entering all 4 rounds at £240 this represents a saving of £5 / event making each pre entered round £60 as a pose to £65 for each individual round.

More to follow soon

Chris

I was planning on having a year off, but could be tempted by four events. Alan and I'd be really interested in the scoring system, as we're debating what to do - stick with the single centre winch which we know :i-m_so_happy: or go front and centre, or front and rear, or front centre and rear, then its a question of no lockers, one locker, two lockers :blink:

I was planning on having a year off, but could be tempted by four events. Alan and I'd be really interested in the scoring system, as we're debating what to do - stick with the single centre winch which we know :i-m_so_happy: or go front and centre, or front and rear, or front centre and rear, then its a question of no lockers, one locker, two lockers :blink:

Its time for three winches and two lockers, you know it makes sense.

Due to a lack of Northern events in 2012 John Sales and Chris Booth are pleased to announce

The AWDC Challenge North West Series 2012

This will consist of a new series of 4 events at Northern and Welsh sites, comprising of a 30 vehicle maximum entry.

We are delighted to have the full backing of the AWDC complete with MSA insurance and will basing our rules and technical regulations on the "AWDC Challenger" series

The events will be of a standard format complete with special stages.

The 4 events will be individual rounds along with an overall series trophy to be presented at the end of the year.

We have some exciting new sponsors from the 4x4 world but are keen to attract more and are more than happy to be approached.

It is hoped to strongly promote the social side of these events but they will all be based on a one day only format with camping etc.

We have a mainstream 4x4 magazine keen to feature the different rounds complete with photographs.

These events will be priced a £60 / event and a £20 discount if all 4 are pre paid at £220

The scoring system will be in an attempt to level the playing field as follows

Each punch will be valued according to the vehicle spec.

1 Winch, tyres under 36" (measured) 100 points / punch

Tyres over 36" (measured) -5 points

Hydro steer -5 points

Extra winches each - 5 points

Diff locks / traction aids (aftermarket) to include fiddle brakes (per axle) -5 points

Portal axles (1 or more) - 5 points

Rear wheel steer - 5 points

Examples are,

Standard vehicle 1 winch = 100 points / punch

With 3 winches and 2 diff locks = 80 points / punch

With 3 winches and 2 diff locks, hydro steer = 75 points per punch

With 3 winches and 2 diff locks, hydro steer and rear steer + 36" + tyres = 60 points / punch

Any person turning up with a standard SJ with a top winch on (i.e. TROPHY HUNTER) will be boo'ed at.

Confirmed dates and sites are as follows,

22nd April 2012, Upplands Coppice, Nr Bridgenorth

24th June, Green Hall Farm, Llanfylin, Wales

9th September, Mow Cop, near Congleton, Staffs/Cheshire border, this is instead of the 26th August

4th November, Coney Green, Stourport,

Entry forms and technical regs will be posted soon on the AWDC website with a link and a Paypal link for online entrys ( if required).

A valid membership card together with a current MSA clubmans license will have to be presented at signing on (this is mandatory).

Vehicles will NOT have to be road taxed, MOT'd or insured to compete, but will be subjected to AWDC / MSA regs (please check before entering).

Please show this your full support, we are doing this to put something back into the sport and for competitors from Wales and the North of the country who don't have much to do next year.

We are expecting strong support of the Welsh lads.

We are actively seeking sponsors, marshalls and setters out etc.

Please don't be picky of this post we are Northern you know.

Please contact either John 07798 900812, or myself Chris 07973 775045