NEWS: Terrorism plot foiled

MogLite

Guest diesel_jim
According to BBC sources the "principal characters" suspected of being involved in the plot were British-born.

Carefully worded eh? they might be British born, but what colour skin do they have? and do they have long beards?

No prizes for guessing who probably are the culprits for this......

And that stupid muslim police chief has the gaul to protest that "too many muslims are stopped by the police"

what do they expect? :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

there are idiots with every colour of skin

I intreagued by this one

"He also said the plot had an "international dimension", while the investigation had involved the CIA.

"The Americans have definitely been involved for quite some time," he said."

Ahh well, if the septic says its so it must be true

Bit of a ball ache as they have banned hand luggage now on flights leaving the UK. Hope that one doesn't last, I bet they don't up hold luggage weight allowance to compemsate. It'll be a bugger for bringing back goodies from overseas.

At least if this puts peopel off flying for a while it will help with carbon emissions :rolleyes:

Bit of a ball ache as they have banned hand luggage now on flights leaving the UK. Hope that one doesn't last, I bet they don't up hold luggage weight allowance to compemsate. It'll be a bugger for bringing back goodies from overseas.

Unlikely Mark, we tend to bring stuff in, not take it out. :)

At least if this puts peopel off flying for a while it will help with carbon emissions :rolleyes:

I thought that too. :)

Chris

whilst going slightly off topic i think my comment is relivant as it is to do with what is and isnt brought in via customs.

Coming back through customs at Dover last week, we jokingly said that one of the trucks with us was a bit dodgy (childish and irresponsible i know) the customs officers just stood smiling and waved us all through.

How easy would it have been IF we were telling the truth? we had knives and (dont laugh) French bangers by the packet, we could have so easily had something far more dangerous!?

No!?

Yes!!

From http://www.opsi.gov.uk/si/si2004/20041836.htm

Importation of fireworks

11. No person shall import any firework, unless he has given the following information to the Commissioners of Customs and Excise -

(a) his name and address;

(b ) the name of the person who is to store the fireworks following their importation; and

( c) the address of the premises at which the fireworks are to be stored following their importation.

Chris

Unlikely Mark, we tend to bring stuff in, not take it out. :)

Ah yes, good point :rolleyes:

Lets hope it doesn't become a more wide spread and permanent measure.

And the thing about not being able to take liquids on board, that just a ploy to make you pay for over priced drinks on board :angry:

Hillbilly its a firearms offence. Been through this one many times, I legally move my firearms through the tunnel and have to wake the UK customs guys up on the way back if (its ealy o'clock) to show them the paperwork, they have NEVER wanted to actually look at what Im carrying

strangley the Isle of man ferry wanted us to go through airport style metal detectors and confiscate a pair of sissors.. hmm :unsure:

What could be more dangerous than a few packets of french sausages?

Bill.

they can be pretty nasty, it is the garlic you know :ph34r:

as an aside, went to windsor castle last week and took my camping/biking bum bag, the one with the swiss army and leather man knives; no probs getting past the x-ray and security..... :o

well the camel that was with us had a girt big axe on the side of the roofrack plus various other assorted sized impliments scattered around the convoy! must have been the Dumbball stickers on our doors that threw them off the scent!

... and you would have got away with it if it wasn't for those meddling kids. :lol:

scoobydoo.gif

When I was deployed to the Gulf in early 2003 for the big push to get George Bush' drink cabinet closer to Baghdad we went from Brize and our entire squadron had to deposit knives and anything sharper than a sense of humour into a bag for the flight. Never mind that we were all in uniform and the hold was full of automatic weapons, bayonets, amunition etc. Wold's gone mad!

And guess who's bloody likely to be stuck in Holland with cancelled EasyJey flights everywhere!? These gits seem to follow me about. Last year I was in London, and had to walk miles to get home. This time I'm checking out ferry and eurostar journeys, in case the delays carry on tomorrow...

:angry2: