Hand Throttle Anyone?

I'm quite sure some of you out there fitted a homemade hand throttle as it's an useful device

(i.e. when winching)...LR part list comes a bit pricey though,and mountain bike levers/vernier controls (JB posted about it in the "old" place time ago) are cheaper.

I'd like to fit one in my 300 Tdi cab,just need some nice pics to show me how & where to put things.

:rolleyes:

Any help would be mucho appreciated as always!

:)

(good to add this to the tech archive too)

;)

TIA!

Sorry no, as I have not done this. If you look at a series III petrol you will see the choke on the steering column. On a 90 there may be a hole (there's one on mine) on the right hand side of the steering column shroud which you could fit the choke to.

Ivan

Easiest way is to put a piece of wood between the bottom of the dash and the accelerator pedal to hold the pedal down :D - just cut the piece of wood to the deired length and store it between the seat and the cubby box.

A bit of a low tech way but it does work. Another use for the stick is to hold the brake pedal down while you check the brake lights on the LR and it's in tow trailer when there is no one around to hold the pedal down. If it's heavy enough you can use it to clout people too ;)

Adam

Michele

Or get somebody to get a hand throttle from the october sodbury ...................... I brought a new cable at the last one from a military dealer and later at surrey autojumble got the interior housing and another second hand cable think I ony paid couple of quid or so

Yet to fit it and winch and pto though

Just a thought

Steve

If it's heavy enough you can use it to clout people too  ;)

Adam

LOL!

:lol:

No,seriously,if someone did this work and wants to share pics it would be nice.

I'll start searching for some of those fancy devices

:D

At the mo I'm in a total DYTH (do-your-tech-homeworks) mood!

I need to start somehow!

BTW I tried a googlesearch yesterday and found out there's an Italia importer of the vernier control (JB's link above),I'm waiting for a reply (quote etc).

At the same time James kindly offered to send me the LR parts list,

and I know a mate here who sells mountain bikes parts,so at least sourcing a shifter shouldn't be that hard...

I agree about the "plasticky" feeling though.

I'll ask for a custom alu one!!!

ok, can someone tell me how to resize it please.

You can resize it from your photobucket account, login,find the picture, tick the box under the picture,click edit, then resize by the percentage you want, if you have already made it smaller, you'll have to upload the picture again and start from scratch :D

Guest diesel_jim

I have the above genuine LR throttle in my 90. works a treat although had to slightly modify it to fit the 300Tdi (only because mine came off of a 2.5 NA diesel... thanks Ma'am! ;) )

I had the choke-cable thing on my old 200Tdi, worked OK but would work itself loose and the idle would drop after a while.