Series V8 Conversion Exhausts

minivin

Ok, case story is that I have a 1979 SIII 109 FFR, 3.5 RV8 going in using Conversion and Precision engine mounts.

Got onto Steve Parker for the exhaust system on Wednesday, arrived today so top marks on the delivery :D

DSCF2388.jpg

DSCF2389.jpg

Mates upto Range Rover 3.5 Carbed exhaust headers of the single port type (not the twin port headers), only possible downer I have noted at the moment, is that the tail pipe and silencer are modified Britpart items, I hate Britpart as most things that I have that are Britpart have failed within weeks too months of being fitted :huh: I have brought some VHT paint and am painting the parts at the moment, once I start to fit it I'll post some piccies of it going on and how well it fits.

It also comes with larger split clamps so it get's mounted as per the original SIII exhaust system.

Anyone got any photo's of the Jake Wright exhaust system's? unfortunately they have no details on their website, http://www.jakewright.com/

Rob, Did you get a mounting kit with it?

At present im using 2 rubber mounting blocks (big flat bits of rubber with 4 holes in it) sandwiched together and they still break off!!

Will take pics of mine tomorrow and post em up :)

Ignor them, proof that home care don't work :D

Rob, Did you get a mounting kit with it?

At present im using 2 rubber mounting blocks (big flat bits of rubber with 4 holes in it) sandwiched together and they still break off!!

Will take pics of mine tomorrow and post em up :)

Ignor them, proof that home care don't work :D

yup three split clamps like the original style, one bolt at top and one at bottom, naturally larger for the 2" bore unlike the original which I think is 1 5/8". Will have to check the rubbers I removed as I'm sure they were ok, front and middle rubbers I think wil take more load as the silencer seems to be going to sit in front of the middle cross member instead of behind it on the 109.

Shweet, piccies of the Wright set-up will be handy :)

Aiy, like mosquito's around a lantern ;)

Something stronger comes to mind, but I cant remember it... :rolleyes:

Rob, Dump the silencer and fit a cherry bomb!

How much wonga was this system?

Inclusive of postage and VAT, £250, pretty much the same price as Wright, but when talking to them they were not as easy to get over what I wanted, so I went back to Parker's who said they could have me the kit by the end of the week, just what I wanted to hear!

Inclusive of postage and VAT, £250, pretty much the same price as Wright, but when talking to them they were not as easy to get over what I wanted, so I went back to Parker's who said they could have me the kit by the end of the week, just what I wanted to hear!

I passed JW and picked one up!! The shop is a mess!! (well it was 3 year ago!)

I passed JW and picked one up!! The shop is a mess!! (well it was 3 year ago!)

Sounds like a typical Land Rover spares agent :lol: what do you want to do with these headers that I'm borrowing from you? do you want me to track some down and then pass the new one's onto you? just thinking about extracting the studs and getting some new screws to go into them

Jake Wright system.

Near side pipe (RR 4>2 manifolds)

13.8.065.JPG

You will need to chop back (or recess) the inner wing (you can just see the N/S manifold.

13.8.066.JPG

Collection bit (you can see the flexy pipe which I had to add to make it fit (Flexy pipe was from Janspeed, so does that mean its a Janspeed Hybrid exhaust?)

13.8.06.JPG

13.8.061-copy.jpg

Looking toward the back.

13.8.062.JPG

First clamp point (note the double rubbers!!)

13.8.063.JPG

Rear tail pipe (again note the double rubbers!!) chopped 2 inches off the pipe as it stuck out!

13.8.064-copy.jpg

interesting, looks pretty much the same at the front as the Parker system, to the point the welds are in the same places, however interesting on the exhaust rubbers, mine seem to have more "lace cords" within them to strengthen them, yours don't seem to have much lacing in the rubber so I wonder if that is why they fell apart?

hmmmm.... I have my suspicions on the SP system, just loosely fitted the tail pipe on how it is ment to mount for a 2.6 (well, that's what the pipe label said, with Britpart above it), and since the silencer looks to be a 2.6 item as well looks like they have been pulled from the easist route, however........

tail pipe fitted, and this is how I can only see it rests:

DSCF2399.jpg

but when you get to the front end it is trying to put the silencer through the chassis cross member:

DSCF2400.jpg

I've given up now till the engine is in and shall work from the front back, hopefully this problem will clear, but don't come anywhere near me if I find out that the kit is poop as I will be looking to draw blood :huh: