seven sisters

little nay

Photos are up!

In no particular order (still haven't fixed the PHP script :unsure: )

Excellent weekend, was good to meet a few forumers (even if I didn't get chance to stop and chat between fixing things and eating pop tarts).

Journey up was sloooww as the RR was still poorly, we left a bit late due to some last minute Petal-fettling (the brake chakras had become misaligned and it took a few hours meditation and chanting to bring them back into line) and due to a food stop & 40-winks stop we rolled into camp at 3.30am :o apologies if we woke anyone up.

So much went on it's hard to know where to start - thanks to everyone who helped with stuff!

Marshals, esp. the non-shires guys who we roped in to help out with the site.

The committee members who put so much effort into organising this, especially Joe as this was the first event he's organised as our new events officer - talk about in at the deep end :o

Everyone who turned up - we had no idea if people would come or if this would fall flat on its face, as it is I think we got a good turnout of some familiar & some new faces which is always nice.

Jez, Suz and Vince for putting up with me all weekend and not taking the p*ss out of the Range Rover all day (there was at least one pause for breath on the journey home ;) ) esp. Vince for letting me crash in his tent.

Andy for all sorts of stuff over the course of the weekend

Alex for making a very good coffee just before we set off for home

Kev Longstaff for helping me with the Range Rover (and not laughing too much when I found the problem :unsure: )

I'm sure Andy will say it but everyone who pitched in and offered help/tools/colourful comment with fixing Moglite. It certainly drew a crowd.

And I'm sure Alex will say it, but everyone who came to his aid so quickly when he went AOT down the rock run.

Sure there's loads more but I'm going hit "post" now and follow up with some photos...

Us on the journey up managing to make a petrol station's dreams come true with simultaneous fuelling action:

Web_IMG_0271.jpg

MogLite looking very much at home in the rock run:

Web_IMG_0341.jpg

Andy decides he has gone off rocks:

Web_IMG_0343.jpg

Jez sorting out MogLite, at this point Vince has consumed sufficient levels of biscuits/beer/fags that he is just a blur and barely visible with the naked eye unless you use special high-speed photography methods:

Web_IMG_0360.jpg

David going over a rather seat-creasingly steep side-slope, I wouldn't have attempted this but Will went first in the 110 so I just had to follow:

Web_IMG_0322.jpg

Naomi (Little_Nay) finds another use for the X-Zag - the ultimate off-road sports-bra :blink: :

Web_IMG_0397.jpg

Richard_Dangerous with an impressive effort on the steering bar - note the snapped TRE too :blink: :

Web_IMG_0379.jpg

This was after getting Punch 19, the other side of the waterfall ones that no-one else got.

Nigel_H providing the illumination for the evening's entertainment:

(there really is no such thing as too many spotlights!)

Web_IMG_0355.jpg

A shot of the car park, edge of site just about visible:

Web_IMG_0276.jpg

The "green lane" group heading off on the right, Petal and MogLite on the left:

Web_IMG_0282.jpg

Ashley (perv) in front / John & Christine behind in their new 90:

Web_IMG_0395.jpg

I'm sure Andy will say it but everyone who pitched in and offered help/tools/colourful comment with fixing Moglite. It certainly drew a crowd.

Absolutely - many thanks to all those that offered help, brought food and tools, welded and fixed. I'll give the full story in a bit. If I anyone didn't get their tools returned, or they were damaged, or I owe you some consumables etc - just let me know and I'll sort it out.

And I'm sure Alex will say it, but everyone who came to his aid so quickly when he went AOT down the rock run.

I'll have to say it for him, as he is not registered here, but thanks from Alex - my Biatch.

Just a quick diary of my weekend - to help put some sense into the photos for those that were not there.

We arrived about 6pm on Friday after last minute jobs in the pouring rain at home.

We had a bit of bimbling about on Saturday morning, with minor teething troubles, until a hub nut fell out of the front axle. Jez had run over a mile back, so we retraced our steps, and reclaimed said 55mm head bolt.

The bolt and washer assembly wasn't engaging with the roll-pins in the axle, so much heavng and grunting with improvised tools saw it back together in an hour or so.

About 4pm on Saturday I could hear the rocks beckoning - the sound of gaunletts being thrown to the ground was deafening, and I was goaded into stepping up to the mark.

I threw MogLite down the rock bed without too much trauma.

Then turned it around and tried to go up.

Much burying of throttle pedal etc and then Alex lost his footing and twisted his knee real bad, he went AOT about three times on rock with a bold head - not nice for him, or for anyone who saw it.

Various good eggs and first-aiders comforted Alex whilst I had to get MogLite out. Something was not quite right. It seems a rear link mount weld had broken, and the chassis ear bent. The ear wasn't a problem, but the link mount was.

A bit of winching and driving and we were out.

Alas the axle wasn't located properly anymore, and the prop took out the sump.

Much effort by all - especially my personal Jinx and tow truck Mr V8camel, and we are back at the carpark on the end of a tow-rope.

I'm ready to call it a day, find a comfy seat in the back of a truck and point and laugh for the rest of the weekend.

However Jez and the rest of the WBBSC crew had a never say die attitude.

Generators appeared, as did lights and tools. Grinders were wielded, sparks flew. Within a stream of drip fed burgers and coffee MogLite got welded back up in the middle of a Welsh field :o

I am /so/ glad Jez made us effect the repair. Going home in one piece and living to fight another day made so much difference. Alex was happy to sit in when we got back to site on Sunday.

Again I cannot thank everyone who pitched in enough. I hope the on-lookers enjoyed the entertainment.

Sunday we bimbled around, just to get some miles on MogLite. Went and had a little play on a couple of the punches, and generally had a /nice/ time.

I've got a snagging list, but nothing major - but it lives

Excellent - gotta take the kids to school now - pictures etc later.

Andy :D:D:D

John (Fridgefreezer) needs to be re-named "face man" for disappearing into the gloom and coming back with whatever stuff was needed, plus everyone that allowed collective tool pooling :i-m_so_happy:

Dave (Landrover598) should really seek therapy for allowing his welder to be caned into submission while he watched

Alex for the improtu stunt performances - 8.0 for technical content, 9.5 for artistic merit, 10.0 for refusing to die - nice one fella, hope it heals quickly ;)

Nurse we need a 4inch, two pry bars and three car battteries, a couple of burgers, coffee and 100cc of intrevenous maryland choc chip cookies STAT...

I was goaded into stepping up to the mark.

Yeah, 'cos you never wanted to try rock crawling in MogLite :lol:

Question is - will you be trying rock crawling again?

Just to add I've had a text from Tomcat_Mike, he says thanks to everyone and his half-shaft is now fixed so he's continuing his laning holiday happy.

Oh and I forgot to big up Paul (V8Camel) for being such a devious bounder when setting out the punches, I saw several people who didn't bother to pick up punch cards but ended up spending all day going for punches anyway :lol:

Richard_Dangerous with an impressive effort on the steering bar - note the snapped TRE too :blink: :

Web_IMG_0379.jpg

This was after getting Punch 19, the other side of the waterfall ones that no-one else got.

Ah, sorry, that was the one I had suggested. :) I am impressed that he got it!

Chris

Yeah, 'cos you never wanted to try rock crawling in MogLite :lol:

Question is - will you be trying rock crawling again?

Just to add I've had a text from Tomcat_Mike, he says thanks to everyone and his half-shaft is now fixed so he's continuing his laning holiday happy.

Oh and I forgot to big up Paul (V8Camel) for being such a devious bounder when setting out the punches, I saw several people who didn't bother to pick up punch cards but ended up spending all day going for punches anyway :lol:

thanks to Andy P GBMUD and Bishbosh for helping as well i was not totally responsible for all of them. Cheers guys for a great weekend roll on the next one in march

paul

Well, what a cracking weekend! I'm glad everyone got back safely. It was great to see Moglite in action and once Andy's sorted a couple of the glitches and got the hang of such a differant vehicle he will be very capable with it! I think the only downer of the weekend was seeing Alex injury himself; not a nice fall at all! However, he was looking much better on Sunday so I hope there's no lasting damage.

I'd like to say thanks to all the other marshals, especially the new club members, for doing such a good job. No one had a bad word to say about the weekend! However, next time I must remeber to bring more Jaffa cakes....

Paul, you did a superb job with the punches, was there any that no one got?

Andy, you're a lucky man that Mr Barker wasn't there. He really wouldn't have given you any peace about those welds however I'm sure he'll make up for lost time when he finds out :P

John, admittedly that sideslope wasn't nice but the rangie made it and you still had your spoiler at the end of the weekend didn't you? Next time we're up there I doubt it'll be a problem, though ;)

Jez, that spool gun was lovely. That's gone straight onto the wishlist.

The only shame is I didn't have the 90 as I'd hoped. Next time though....

Just like to add my thanks to those that helped out, especially Chris, Bish, Paul, Jezz and Dave :D

Abso-bloomin-lutely knackered today, didn't get the Shire Shed dropped off until about 11:30 last night... mind you, thats got a lot to do with having to stop off at a pub for a meal on the way home, and some painfully slow and careful driving up hills cos my Rad ain't quite up to it anymore! :lol:

This was a first for us, and it seems like all went according to plan thanks to the input of everybody who was involved :)

Dan :D

I think the only downer of the weekend was seeing Alex injury himself; not a nice fall at all! However, he was looking much better on Sunday so I hope there's no lasting damage.

Agreed.... hope Alex is back to normal soon.

Best comment about this incident was from Will... "Alex was standing on the rocks and destabalised!" :lol: Come on Will, where did you learn big words like that!!

some painfully slow and careful driving up hills cos my Rad ain't quite up to it anymore! :lol:
Bloody TDi's :lol:

Wish I'd got my HD suspension onto the RR in time as I think that would've made for a more comfy journey, in the end I had to make do with 45PSI in the rear tyres instead :ph34r:

Bloody TDi's :lol:

Wish I'd got my HD suspension onto the RR in time as I think that would've made for a more comfy journey, in the end I had to make do with 45PSI in the rear tyres instead :ph34r:

Your Rangie looked a bit heavy as I followed you out of site. :)

Chris

Had a great weekend, even more fun as I got to do a bit of driving around the site and I hadn't done any in ages :D

..not so fun selecting the wrong gear for a slope because everyone told me 'it's fine' I assumed a 2nd low... but you know what they about assuming :blush: 1st rule of off roading - always look. Bloomin' useless me! Still a few quick taps on the brakes got me down safely. Dan would of killed me if I rolled the Camel! :lol:

Did some superb technical stuff, some fun muddy stuff and everyone got home safely.

I hope Alex gets better soon and I can't wait until the next one! :D

See you all there with chocolate, beer and recovery trucks.

Jen

lol! So True! ;):D There was no danger of that really, there was lots of ruts... I just went down there a bit quicker than I would have liked! lol! :)

Btw Jon, what you doing on here? Only 6 months 'till the next one and we need 2 more series' present ;):D

Eddie WILL be there, driving round gently in the RR was just sooo frustrating, there were several bits I'd happily have had a go at if I didn't have to tow Petal home again but discretion is the better part of valour and all that...

So will George be there?

Don't forget - Will really needs to get the 90 there, and perhaps Al could use March as a decent deadline too... mind you by then he'll probably have a homebrew 3-phase CNC cold-fusion 3D laser death ray in the workshop but still no actual vehicle :ph34r:

I went past the campsite in my Unimog on Friday evening my way to Sarn Helen to drop some stuff before heading back over to Llangadog, met a SLRC convoy with the shire shed in tow about 2 miles before the campsite, coming back from Llangadog about 21:30 the smell from the campsite was horrendous as I still hadn’t had time to eat – it was a barbeque smell mmmmmmmm :blink:

Ah, sorry, that was the one I had suggested. :) I am impressed that he got it!

Chris

Yep we got it, nigel should have the photos, it was a real bu**er, but thanks to Mark and some innocent bystanders :D whoi helped shift rocks and spare wheels to make a sort of bridge with bridging ladders we took the punch. Oh and as usual I have posted in the wrong place and put my thanks in the international forum after thinking i was being clever and doing a search over there. Oh and had to change my username as lost the other one ???? so from this day forward I will be known as D-lander, anyone want to buy a slightly used 90, with hover facility ;)

I'd like to add this from Joe's other half:

Hi all,

Thanks for your comments regarding the weekend, I know Joe will be happy to read them. He has actually been signed off work sick with a chronic chest infection, and has been sent for tests at the hospital!

He was not well at all, but didn't want to let anyone down, I know he's just glad that everyone enjoyed the weekend, as we all did.

I will pass on your thanks to him.

See you all soon

Carla

Get well soon Joe!