seven sisters

little nay

postpics.gif

Nigel_H is currently sorting through ~500 photos (hurry up Nige!) but in the meantime can I humbly request that anyone with photos or video e-mail them to newsletter@shirelrc.com for inclusion the next newsletter / website / other mags when Nay & myself get round to doing a write-up proper.

Anyone with photos but nowhere to host them, let me know and it shall be done :P

Also anyone with any experiences to share, feedback etc. then please send it to the same address as it's nice to have other people's perspective in the newsletter - especially the many new faces that were there.

Dave (Landrover598) should really seek therapy for allowing his welder to be caned into submission while he watched

yeah :rolleyes: I've just worked out why it decided not to give any more as the evening went on, the irregular power supply has fried it's brain :wacko::wacko:

Good excuse to upgrade and do another pimping job :D

Correct Jim !! :)

Hello

I'm new to this forum........slowly being dragged away from Lro one.......... :D

Anyway, I'm the guy (prat?) with the green 110 in the 'pond'. Sods law says it was the one time that weekend I didn't bother checking out how deep it was (or what the bottom was like). I've learnt now!

Just wanted to say a massive thank you to all the marshalls who helped us to 'extract' the beastie, and then get it going again. Cos whilst we were waiting for you to arrive I was sat there thinking 'oh sh!t, time for an engine rebuild'. :(

Luckilly so far she seems ok.....quite smokey but definately getting better. :D

Thanks again guys...I reckon that was beyond the call of duty.

If you're at the next social meet there'll be beers awaiting.

James

I'm glad you enjoyed it, James, and that the damage isn't perminant. Its a shame I didn't have the 90 there as I would've done that one.

JU, yes, the 90 MUST make it next time. It won't be anywhere near finished but it should be very usable!

Burgers, don't mention the burgers! <_<

That's James' 110 that we pulled out of the pond. Don't think that's James though, think James was the one wearing the salopetes?

James have you done an oil and filter change yet? Any water in there?

that would be ME :D in the pic not james

also seen under a truck here rich.jpg

and here bull.jpg

:blink:

lucky we brought the tools .....

and here's our whole team

team.jpg

what a cracking week end.... roll on the next one...

That's James' 110 that we pulled out of the pond. Don't think that's James though, think James was the one wearing the salopetes?

James have you done an oil and filter change yet? Any water in there?

Yup, I was the one wearing the saloppettes.

Did an oil change on Monday morning - came out nice and black with no water (that was obvious anyway).

Just awaiting a new back window now!!

Many thnks again for all the help!

With Paul's bullbar, he had a fight with a tree and lost!

i presume that the snorkell was there purely as pose effect then?

Also check front diff oil as at a guess you don't have breathers

Paul

Diff Oil to be changed as soon as I get a chance!

No, Snorkel is fitted correctly, sealed etc etc. What I hadn't done was seal the drain at the bottom of the air box. Doh!

Pose effect then? I wish - all my spare money goes on running the thing. Oh, and playing with boats.

Diff Oil to be changed as soon as I get a chance!

No, Snorkel is fitted correctly, sealed etc etc. What I hadn't done was seal the drain at the bottom of the air box. Doh!

Pose effect then? I wish - all my spare money goes on running the thing. Oh, and playing with boats.

When you go to seal the drain make sure you raise the breathers (axles, gearbox, transferbox, injector pump, timing case and PAS reservoir are the minimum you really want to have). Also, think about fitting a fully sealed fuel filler; they work far better than the standard LR setup.

When you go to seal the drain make sure you raise the breathers (axles, gearbox, transferbox, injector pump, timing case and PAS reservoir are the minimum you really want to have). Also, think about fitting a fully sealed fuel filler; they work far better than the standard LR setup.

And take the bung out of the bottom of the heater matrix. These are reknowned for blocking with crud and not draining properly.