certificate of conformity for a snorkel

hi

has anybody ever come across a certificate of conformity for a snorkel

because here in spain you need 1 so that you can have a snorkel or a bar or fog lamps etc

and i dont have 1 so if any 1 knows where i can get 1 please let me know as i can get my

110 mot d without it

thanks in advance

brian

post-29346-0-33225000-1325799442_thumb.jpg

if it's a Genuine LR part not from any other supplier, then LR should be able to assist, but yours could be a early Mantec item so try Mantec http://www.mantec.co.uk/contact.cfm send a few photo's & any details that maybe stamped or marked on the snorkel.

or it might be from http://www.masai-lan...sed-air-intake/

Edited by western

If you mean a CofC to confirm it complies to European union regulations, and can therefore carry the 'CE' mark, a copy should be included in the box.

Sometimes it's the last page of the instruction manual...

Also, I appreciate you are translating from Spanish, but are you sure you mean certificate? Not 'declaration' of confirmity? There is a difference - (declaration is essentially self-certification, a CofC isn't).

Let us know if Mantec come up with the goods

The CE mark isn't relevant - it does not apply to components for road vehicles. If anything what you need is an E-mark, which is the equivalent process but for automotive components. However, if there is no UNECE regulation specifically concerned with air intake parts then there is no e-mark requirement and you will have to meet whatever rules the local country (Spain, in this case) want to apply.

The UNECE Regulations are here:

http://www.unece.org...n/welcwp29.html

The E-mark regulations do not generally require a certificate or declaration to accompany the product, as would be the case for the CE mark.

Regards

Nick.

completely anal about any minor deviation from bog standard here in Spain.fitted 235/85 tyres on my defender from 205s .have been told I needed a letter from bf goodrich stating tyres have same or higher speed rating,same or superior weight capacity etc etc

Found it's easier to swap wheels for itv test .hint hint

if only it where that simple ,he wanted letter from bf goodrich stating the bleeding obvious.once had to go for a retest due to removing centre seat. funny thing is they've never checked some thing as obvious as the seat belts ,all the times I've been throu.

god knows how you get a one off Harley through the test.