AWDC Scorpion Racing Trophy Round 5

najw

Well I had a cracking weekend, really good off roading, the night section was especially fun, and to top it all off I got a tin cup to polish and put on the mantlepiece :D

Picked up a few 'dints' due to the large number of rather large rocks at the site. Mainly confined to the armour but one ore two sneeked through, diff pan (to side of QT guard) and couple to the rear crossmember. All in all not bad for a bloody good bit of hard off roading.

Thanks Neil for putting on such an enjoyable event. It is a site I know and like but this w/e has to be one of the best, and not just cos i got a tin cup. Probably no more AWDC challenges for me this year, but I'll be out next year ;)

A couple of pics nicked from Dave Lang (more on ORRP if you are interested, or he may even post them here)....

My 'chav' light for night winching...

chavlight.jpg

One of Nick...

nick.jpg

It was more interesting for us doing this punch without a rear winch :unsure:

Adrian about to run over Pigster...

runpiggyrun.jpg

Not a good day for us!!! Snapped both front shafts on the 1st punch of the day!!!! No spares with us!! Sh*t happens.

But had an excellent laugh on the night stage.

Oh and Mr Turners truck is looking pretty good.

Hi Chris , not a good one for us either second punch ripped value off rear wheel :angry: fifth punch crown and pin gave up :angry: and the spare i had brought was diffierent splines on drive flange :angry: so gave up and watched :) and then on the way home to top it all of half asleep i filled the disco 3 with f****** petrol got home at 11.15 on a tow truck:angry: what a 40th birthday that was :D i will have another next year :lol::lol:

site looked super so thanks to everyone it would have been great to drive a bit more of it see you all at cown quarry should be good there for the lads who don't like trees none there:D

Another top event congrats to Neil and team again.

It was nice to watch from the sidelines for a change (although I don't plan on doing it very often ;) ).

The dog enjoyed it too, although you only really get a feel how big the site is when on foot.

It was also a long but worthwhile journey from Derbyshire and back and without the assistance of a recovery truck for a change. :lol::lol::lol:

Congrats to Mark 90 and Orgasmic Farmer for top performances.

Adrian & Pigster - you've no room to comment on Les & Nicks heated banter after what I witnessed on Sunday. I just wished I'd been there on the Saturday night to watch the four of you together, the four stooges :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Had a great weekend marshalling as usual, even if i did have to borrow the 'reserve' jimny after mine died on the way there.. :angry:

Great site, want to get back there asap! Well done to all the drivers.

Did anyone here get punch 40???

Pics will be on my site by the end of the day, all being well.

Had a great weekend marshalling as usual, even if i did have to borrow the 'reserve' jimny after mine died on the way there.. :angry:

Great site, want to get back there asap! Well done to all the drivers.

Did anyone here get punch 40???

Pics will be on my site by the end of the day, all being well.

I think Adrian & Pigster got 40.

fan tastic day out or should I say weekend..

yep we got forty - easy once adrian calmed down and let me get on with what I should be doing.. grrr.. he really through his toys out that time.. even threatened to make me walk home... :D

as it happened it would of been easier to walk home if not quicker because we didn't get in till too late because of blinking weather in the south - mass flooding and police closing lots of roads and not remembering that had done so. All sorted eventually by myself with my offical head torch and walky talky.. and telling the man in charge what was actually happening.. Great - got a free ride in a police van with blue lights going and on the wrong side of the road ( dual carriage way).. BRIL. :D

sorry back to Wales - - Dam good fun that was.. I reckon more night challenges and team double ups.

Also - who moved the metal tube - - I was looking forward to doing that punch.. and some bugger had ripped through the bunting and I assume someone else moved the tube out of the way. ?? Why do that - -thats half the fun of the event isn't it... Whats teh point of competiting against others if your gona cheat your way through.

I think Adrian & Pigster got 40.

The reason I asked about 40 was cos it took the first person through to it (Peter Herrington I think) about and hour and a half to get there. By the end of the day the route had cleared though....

Got back home after avoiding all the football idiots to meet mass floods and thunderstorms, seemingly localised to our village... the town 4 miles up the road hadn't had any rain all day?!

Not a good day for us!!! Snapped both front shafts on the 1st punch of the day!!!! No spares with us!! Sh*t happens.
Hi Chris , not a good one for us either second punch ripped value off rear wheel :angry: fifth punch crown and pin gave up :angry: and the spare i had brought was diffierent splines on drive flange :angry: so gave up and watched :)

Sounds like the curse of the cadburys axles has truck again!

Championship results now updated

HERE

I agree with Pigster that moving the steel pipe was uncalled for. It really does defeat the object if people are going to haul the obstacles out of the way. Its hard enough on some of these sites (including Walters) finding quality punches in the first place!!!

Still I don't consider that cheating - unlike whoever it is who is cutting the punches off and throwing them away :angry::angry::angry::angry:

Championship results now updated

Still I don't consider that cheating - unlike whoever it is who is cutting the punches off and throwing them away :angry::angry::angry::angry:

Neil - I hope the marshalls manage to catch up with whoever is doing this. Unfortunately someone is just a little bit too competative (or just isn't skilled enough) and resorts to cheating. It certainly seems to have been a disappointing feature to this years comp.

That most certainly is bad form. We where on our way to a punch (38 IIRC) when we were informed by another competitor that the punch was 'missing'

The steel pipe one is not as clear cut IMHO. Is it any different to rolling a rock or two out of the way the clear the diff or pushing aside a tree as you pass? All are clearing obsticles that impeed your progress to the punch, and make it easier for following competitors. Was it wrong for the first team to do punch 40 to clear a path for others to follow? All I'm saying is it's a grey area as no one knows where the line is drawn. No gripe, just commenting.

With regards to the removal of tape, obsticles and the removal of punches etc

Do they really need to win that much ?

They are only cheating themselves and deluding themselves on how "good they are"

So as me and Nick are cr@p anyway it was'nt us :lol:

Neil,

How about some times for SS 2 so we can see who "ate all the pies" :D

Still had a superb weekend, and after SS1 I'm surprised Nick got home without leaving an oil slick :o