Intermittant Hazzard flashing

Boydie

Hi, Just returned from our 20 plus days 6750 Kilometer oddesy into the Australian Simpson and Stoney deserts and on some really badly rutted roads we experienced an oddity.

The hazard lights would come on, the signal is clearly originating from the security unit under the passenger side glovebox as you could hear it clicking away. The easy solution I discovered was to pop the auto into Neutral, turn off the engine, coast and re-start and the flashing staooped -- until the next bone jarring crunch and it would repeat again with the hazard lights flashing. Interesting by-line, if it wasnt cancelled in the way I mentioned, as in turning off the engine and restarting the remote would not work.

Any ideas?

That is a built-in warning-safety system, it is actually described in the owners handbook. On the Tdi's the flashers come on, forcing you to stop, and probably check the rig after such a bone-jarring impact, switch off-and on after making sure all is well.

Correct me if I am wrong, but the V8 actuaaly cut out?

Thanks to you all for that, however it's a pain in the rectum though, given that on some of the tracks we drove on "spine breaking impacts" were an occurance every kilometer or so and for over 200 kilometers :blink: -- I'll investigate and see if I can either by-pass or disarm it.

That is a built-in warning-safety system, it is actually described in the owners handbook. On the Tdi's the flashers come on, forcing you to stop, and probably check the rig after such a bone-jarring impact, switch off-and on after making sure all is well.

Correct me if I am wrong, but the V8 actuaaly cut out?

No, mine is a L23 300TDi, Julie and I got it down to a fine art, slip the ZF into "N", turn off the ignition roll for a few meters, re-start the engine and slip back into "D" without slowing down.