Td5 horn connector

This thread http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?showtopic=53763 seems to say that a NAS connector is an econoseal connector, so what you have bought is the same as the link I posted.

Can you post a photo of the TD5 horn connector?

It doesn't look like these does it? http://www.polevolt.co.uk/acatalog/Small_Superseal_Connectors.html

Hi people, I'm after the name of the connector that plugs into the horn on a td5. I bought a nas connector as it looked similar but it wasn't. Any one know what it's called. Cheers mike

It's a Tyco/AMP 2-way Sealed MQS connector, similar to the ones used for side repeaters, see this - http://forums.lr4x4....showtopic=70955

There are variations in the 'coding' (keyways) on the female cable mounted connecters, but these aren't always implemented on the male half moulded into devices and sensors.

As I said in the thread above, I can supply these connectors, but they've gone up to £3.75 each, since I posted in that thread.

I have ones that are Coded 'A' and some others that are neutral coding.

If you can take a clear picture of the inside of the male connector, I will be able to tell if what I have will fit.

Cheers for the replies. It's not the same as the superseal one as the "locking" tab is different. It might be the mqs one though I can't see any pics in the above post that looks the same. I can't get a decent pic of it but it's oval shaped with two pins and a small casting on the top corner inside. If that makes sense, I'll try and get some more pics. Cheers mike

Cheers for the replies. It's not the same as the superseal one as the "locking" tab is different. It might be the mqs one though I can't see any pics in the above post that looks the same. I can't get a decent pic of it but it's oval shaped with two pins and a small casting on the top corner inside. If that makes sense, I'll try and get some more pics. Cheers mike

It's definately an MQS connector.

This is a cable mounted male MQS connector on a D4 heated washer jet, this will be the same as moulded into the horn's body.

Note the 'coding' keyways inside the connector's body -

th_DSC02375.jpg . th_DSC02376.jpg

This is the mating female half, with the corresponding 'coding' -

th_DSC02377.jpg . th_DSC02378.jpg

Right got a photo

[image]

Mine doesn't have the White bit inside tho?

The 'White bit' is the terminal retainer or secondary terminal lock.

The one I pictured has loose terminals, crimped onto the wire and inserted into the connector body.

There is a very tiny latch to stop the terminals pulling back out, but to relieve any strain on the terminal's latches, a secondary terminal lock is used.

The connector body on your horn doesn't have loose terminals, they're part of the assembly/moulding, so no need for a terminal lock.

Your connector body looks like Coding 'B' - I have MQS connectors that wiil mate with that.

PM me if you're interested.