Wolf rims aftermarket, not CE marked

Maverik

I'm looking for some "wolf" rims, so been searching around, and I came across a parts supplier and they stated that aftermarket wolf rims are not CE marked - meaning they're not qualified to the same standard as an original Land rover supplied wolf rim. I found this a bit suprising, then reading that the rims in question where BritPart, it made a little more sense, but still something to look out for if you're looking for a genuine "bomb" proof wheel. - I'm not sure what insurance peeps would say if you had an accident and your wheels where found to be the problem.

Just some helpful info.

Mav

Vehicle wheels don't need to be CE marked. In fact, it would be illegal to CE mark them. They are automotive components, and hence are excluded from the CE marking requirements.

Whether or not they meet the same spec. as the original LandRover parts is a completely different matter, but the originals certainly weren't CE marked.

Nick.