FORUM GIVEAWAY ! ! ! CARBIDE BURRS

Astro_Al

I'm feeling generous, you lucky lucky people.

I just got 15 carbide burrs for cheap. I'm never gonna get through more than a handful, so I'm doing the first LR4x4 giveaway!

If you dunno what they are, see happy-camper-Andy's post here:

http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?showtopic=6749

These burrs have an 8mm shank, so make sure you can use it first!!! I don't wanna see these things back on ebay, so please only apply if you've got tools and intend to employ the thing. Tools are for using, please don't post up just cos it's free.

Burr spec:

8mm shank x 69mm overall length

Profile: oval head 13 x 23 mm

Double cut solid carbide

1st 8 members with 20 posts or more get sent one in September. Just post your name for now. Post order will dictate any who-beat-who arguments.

Good luck. Astro-Claus.

* SNIP *

Et voila, that's all she wrote fellas.

PM me your addresses and I'll post 'em off in September when I'm in the UK.

*** ALL GONE ***

Al.

Danny - send me your addy too, we can sort axle shenanigans separately. I know how harrowing it can be, being separated from a new tool to break, for extended periods...

Mark - I'd mentally set a few aside for fellow WBBSCers anyway, and since two of them are included in the 8 'winners', I've got a bit of leeway - effectively counted them twice.

Bung me your address and you can be a bonus winner! Besides, I haven't brown-nosed any moderators for at least 24 hours...

Jez - yeah cool, I'll be up that weekend anyway. I thought it was nearer to the ass-end-of-nowhere than the milking parlour, but no matter, I'll simply follow the trail of John's blood, sweat and tears.

Danny - I'm holding it to ransom until a front 404 lands on my desk... :) Maybe I got my relative values a bit out of whack there...? Ok sod it, I'll send it over! :D

Andy - you can certainly get em, but for yours, dunno. Why not call Sip and get a definite yay/nay.

Well done to all winners! Al.

P.S. Now one of you reply to my bloomin welder-servicing post...

You mean you FINISHED those hugemongous packs i brought up last time??? Y'know - the only ones the garage had, with AT LEAST 7 biscuits per packet where the wrapper weighed more than the contents...

Anyway, I'm physically incapable of buying fags (blame Pavlov, my paranoid mother, a broomstick and my youth) but I will try to find something smelly to stuff in my bag. With all these security scares at airports, I'll have to go to one of those posh cheese shops though - the ones where they give you a quarantine license with every stinky wedge.

No problem Mark - I got your PM, I'm off to clean myself up.

Al.

Guest diesel_jim
My air die grinder takes 6mm bits

Is it possible to get different collets for the 8mm bits ?

Same as that Andy.... do you know of anywhere were you can buy these types of bits? (the metal ones).

mine came with the crappy stone type ones... no good for munching away at aluminium bodywork! B)

Ok Michael. PM me your address.

*** BUT THAT'S IT FOLKS. NO MORE. NADA. ZIP. DIDDLEY SQUAT. ***

Yeah Jim, I've never managed to find a use for those stone jobbers.

Look on eblag, that's what I did (search: carbide burr). Got 15 for the price of 2. Hence the thread.

I still need addresses for Danny, Chris, Les, & Michael.

Burrs will be sent 15th Sept.

Al.

• 1 month later...
I'm feeling generous, you lucky lucky people.

I just got 15 carbide burrs for cheap. I'm never gonna get through more than a handful, so I'm doing the first LR4x4 giveaway!

If you dunno what they are, see happy-camper-Andy's post here:

http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?showtopic=6749

These burrs have an 8mm shank, so make sure you can use it first!!! I don't wanna see these things back on ebay, so please only apply if you've got tools and intend to employ the thing. Tools are for using, please don't post up just cos it's free.

Burr spec:

8mm shank x 69mm overall length

Profile: oval head 13 x 23 mm

Double cut solid carbide

1st 8 members with 20 posts or more get sent one in September. Just post your name for now. Post order will dictate any who-beat-who arguments.

Good luck. Astro-Claus.

Thanks Al,

Mine arrived today.

I owe you a virtual pint, or a real one if ever we meet.

John