Turbo Lag and Front End Shimmy

Evening Intelligent Defender people

On my Utility TD5 2002 142,000 miles( it has had a hard neglected life as far as I can see, its in hospital again next week).

I use it for work so it has a fair bit of weight in it excluding me :blink:with tools and barrels of oil, I cover between 700 and 1200 miles a week so the thing is being used, But the Turbo does seem to take an age to kick in when accelerating, is there any way of lessening the time delay, and as I haven't got a Rev Counter, I do not now what revs it cuts in at but it does seem rather high before you feel the engine pulling also : The steering wobbles quite badly when breaking and at around 65mph you can feel the steering wobble but not as badly but the steering damper is ok , took it back to garage that fitted new pads and discs and front bushes and suspension and a load of other stuff before Christmas and on the brake calibrator you can see both brakes wavering by 50 Kgf at 300 Kgf, so they are definitely warped, sometimes you can feel the brake peddle pulsating under your foot when braking then it goes away, the front of the truck is gently rising and falling by about 1.5 inches when on the rolling brake tester as well. beat that. I have checked the wheels and they are definitely round and running true on the rims and the rims are ok as well without any deformities, and all the front end suspension and joints are new and tight ??? so any ideas. As the guy who is doing the investigation on it is scratching his head a bit and he's worked on them for years.

Any help welcome

Regards

Richard

About the front wheel wobble under breaking and the now its here now its not pulsing brake peddle, They replaced, the Steering Damper, still there, Wheels,still there, tried all track rod ends and linkages,still there, put a Dial Test Indicator on the new discs nothing on the outside surfaces, Found a slight grumble in the n/s/f wheel bearings so replaced them both, and as the disk was off, they DTI'd the inner surface of the brake disk and it was 7thou out, not a lot, put it back on, and still there, so where out of ideas, and so replaced both discs and guess what it stopped. These where genuine Landrover discs, and the guys been doing them for 27 years and even he couldn't figure it out. Anyway we are all steering and braking straight again :i-m_so_happy: Still got to figure out about the turbo lag. :(