EFI Questions

Wattle

I am fitting an EFi Flapper manifold onto a 3.5 carb engine, (Going to be megasquirted eventually). but I have a few questions if anybody can please help me? What is the arrangement of the coolant pipes that run underneath the inlet manifold. On the carb manifold that I have, one of the pipes just runs front to back from the water pump to the heater matrix, that is the same as on my Efi manifold. But the other pipe on my carb manifold runs from the water pump, connects into the manifold cooling system, and then exits further back to connect into the heater matrix, but on my EFI manifold it runs from the water pump to the manifold cooling system, but there is no exit pipe, but there is a screwed in blanking plug where I would have expected to see the pipe exit the cooling system. Am I thinking correctly that this plug needs to be unscrewed and a pipe fitted into it. If this is right, would this pipe be a spare part or something I would need to cobble together.

Also I need the breather canister that is fitted to the front of the left hand (from the front) rocker cover, is this just screwed into the rocker cover. The engine breathing system is a bit different on the carb engine.

Thanks for your help Phil Watson

Also I need the breather canister that is fitted to the front of the left hand (from the front) rocker cover, is this just screwed into the rocker cover. The engine breathing system is a bit different on the carb engine.

Yes - and they're a service part, so cheap.

I'm trying to get my head round what you're describing for the coolant pipes, but I'm a bit confused. I think there are a variety of different arrangements (could be wrong there :unsure: ) so getting a workshop manual for an appropriate vehicle to copy and going with that would probably be a good approach.