Help...where's it all go?

2drdan

Evening to all,

has any one got any photos of the disco 200Tdi engine, complete with everything plugged or plumbed in..? I'm getting toards the end of the install in to the RR and it's a PITA trying to work it out from the manual and I haven't had one of these engines before! :blink:

oh and whilst you there, theres a smallish threaded hole on the bottom of the front of the engine about level with the top of the sump....... what's that for then..? drain plug ?

Any help gratefully received,

Cheers,

Phil. :)

find Les H's thread in the tech archive ref fitting a disco 200tdi in a 90, that hole is for your timing case wading plug, it will also let any oil leakage out from the timing case/crankshaft seal & camshaft seals. the clutch housing should have one too. fit the plug before driving in deep water it'll keep the timing belt dry & safe -- same for the clutch.

if you need plugs LR part is ERC7295 or visit your local plumbers merchants they can supply a identical plug.

find Les H's thread in the tech archive ref fitting a disco 200tdi in a 90, that hole is for your timing case wading plug, it will also let any oil leakage out from the timing case/crankshaft seal & camshaft seals. the clutch housing should have one too. fit the plug before driving in deep water it'll keep the timing belt dry & safe -- same for the clutch.

if you need plugs LR part is ERC7295 or visit your local plumbers merchants they can supply a identical plug.

Brilliant, as always a friendly and helpful reply from this forum!

Thanks Western.

Hopefully when this is all finished I'll be able to get out there and meet some of the forumeers....!?

Phil.

although my 200Tdi is a Defender version most if not all the electrical connections are the same as for your engine, if you need any pictures to confirm parts location just shout.

Righto cheers, will prob (not holding breath) be ok on electrickery as I have a tame auto sparky for a mate but we'll seee how it goes......... :blink:

I've an original 200 in a 110. Don't have a camera tho, but shout any specific questions and I should be able to answer, if Ralph and his seemingly web-enabled-forum-connected-wrist-watch doesn't beat me to it. :D

I have jsut put a 200TDi in my Rangie from a Disco.

What do you want to see and I'll take picies tonight....

AH ha, great , if you'd be so good,

The piping for the intercooler from engine/from airbox/to turbo etc.

The rad pipes, I've got the bottom pipe with a smaller dia pipe coming off it.....can't see where that goes...

thats about it but a photo of the whole lot would be great, esp to see it in the RR engine bay for comparison......?

Cheers Bishbosh, Phil. B)

PS. no hurry, won't be able to do owt til the weekend ;)

The rad pipes, I've got the bottom pipe with a smaller dia pipe coming off it.....can't see where that goes...

to the bottom connection on the header tank if it's the black or translucent plastic one, or if the metal oval one to the connection on that.

i did the conversion article at the back of Les thread with DSN, drop either a line if you have specifics, although i expect Bish is best placed to advise having just done the job and into a rangie to.

i did the conversion article at the back of Les thread with DSN, drop either a line if you have specifics, although i expect Bish is best placed to advise having just done the job and into a rangie to.

Cheers, if I get stuck I'll shout !