Surely this is suss....

Guest MJG

Very nice 2001 Defender 90 at just £4,100 :o:o Starting bid £41..... :blink::blink:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2001-LAND-ROVER-DEFE...1QQcmdZViewItem

Oh and the bit about 'don't use eBay's ask the seller a question' as he is having a problem with his eBay email address. :lol::lol:

Do you think the've missed off a 1 in front of the 4,100???

Bloody temting to press buy it now and see what happens.........

The seller sets the starting price not ebay, he might have wanted to start at £0.99 as the default setting.

you could end up with a 90 you might not want -- so don't do it.

Not really thinking of it but really £4,100 is surely way too low for this vehicle.......

I had to do the decent thing and e-mailed him to say "are you sure you are selling your TD5 for 4 grand?"

But, its a steal for someone! I do believe ebay have a policy on this sort of thing whereby you genuinely make a huge error in price, either pressing too many noughts or not enough!

We will see!

I had to do the decent thing and e-mailed him to say "are you sure you are selling your TD5 for 4 grand?"

But, its a steal for someone! I do believe ebay have a policy on this sort of thing whereby you genuinely make a huge error in price, either pressing too many noughts or not enough!

We will see!

50p says its a high jacked ebay account. Hence the don't ask seller question else it goes through his email address, go and email this completely different address. :unsure:

50p says its a high jacked ebay account. Hence the don't ask seller question else it goes through his email address, go and email this completely different address. :unsure:

I agree - once happened to me when I bought an iPod at a price that was keen but not enough to deter me from bidding (unlike this aution) turned out to be someone whos excellent feedback account had been hijacked (possibly by sucumbing to one of the spoof eBay 'Account update' emails)

Got most of my money back eventually from eBay/Pay Pal

- think I'll email him too and report the auction to eBay as suss.

- think I'll email him too and report the auction to eBay as suss.

Seems it was suss - eBay have removed the item - hopefully before any damage was done to the guys finances.

That one line 'don't use eBay's ask the seller a question' is universally an idicator of a hijacked sale. Never bid on anything if you see this sentance and always report it. if you are ever suspicious always look at the sellers history and see what they have been selling in the past. For someone who sell china pots of baby clothes to suddenly be selling cheap 90 of harleys is a bit suspect and quite an easy check to make.

Not been on here for a while, so excuse me if this is not the same one but was this for a Tomb Raider? If so I sent an email out of curiosity and got this back - not hijacked, but a scam by the looks of things....

Thank you for contacting me about the Land Rover Defender Tomb Raider LE 110 with only 29,850 miles in pristine condition .

About the car: it is in immaculate condition and has no scratch on and hasn't been involved in any accident.The car is in perfect conditions ,no flaws or dents, no scratches or any kind of damage,no engine problems.The motor runs very well. The car is always garage kept and rarely used.I have legal documents by which I can transfer it to your name.The interior is in like new condition and has never been smoked in. The car is still UK registered so you will not have to pay any custom taxes.I want to sell it in UK because is still registered there.

The car is located in Portugal now and I will shipp it from here, in case you will like to buy it.The price for the car is GBP 3,100.00 , and i have to add the shipping cost.

The delivery will take within 5 to 7 working days (with insurance and 30 days return policy).

It will be insured at the delivery service.If something happens on the road , you will receive the insurance from the delivery service.As soon as the car arrives, you will test it and if it does not matches 100% to your expectations, you will return it in max. 30 days from the arrival date. In this case I will pay the return shipping and the insurance.

Terms: 30 days money back guarantee if the car is what you are looking for and if you agree with these conditions then I will be glad to close this deal with you.

I want to take this opportunity to assure you that this deal is 100% legitimate,the financial part of this deal will be managed by a third party,in this way both of us will be protected.They will keep the payment until you receive the item and test it.

I will be waiting for your email.

Thank you, Julie

Not been on here for a while, so excuse me if this is not the same one but was this for a Tomb Raider? If so I sent an email out of curiosity and got this back - not hijacked, but a scam by the looks of things....

Definately a scam. There have been a few like this over the past few months. The vehicle has probably been advertised elsewhere by a legit seller, which is where the pics/details have come from.

Matt

Not been on here for a while, so excuse me if this is not the same one but was this for a Tomb Raider?

No it was for a rather nice lookig 2002 Defender 90 in green IIRC and the BIN price was £4,100 :o:o