Speedo transducer 300 tdi / Td5

Can anyone help please as i dont have microcat at the moment, are 300tdi discovery and defender td5 speedo transducer senders the same part? i have YBE100530 listed for one and YBE100540 listed for the other, i'm not sure which is which but think 530 was superceded by 540? someone has told me theyre different, but i think theyre the same, can anyone confirm?

I need one for a disco 300 98my and one for a defender td5 2000my

Thanks, Steve

That's right, they're not the same I'm afraid. Defender Td5 one is YBE100530 and looks like this:

YBE100530-TRANSDUCER-SPEEDO-DRIVE.jpg

http://www.lrseries.com/shop/product/listing/13485/YBE100530-TRANSDUCER-SPEEDO-DRIVE.html

Discovery 1 one is YBE100540 and looks like this:

YBE100540-TRANSDUCER-SPEED-SENSOR.jpg

http://www.lrseries.com/shop/product/listing/13486/3748/8/YBE100540-TRANSDUCER-SPEED-SENSOR.html

I have a couple of Discovery ones lying about if you fancy saving on the £100 for genuine!

Thanks all for the help. It seems I have put a 300 one on the 90 when I put the 1.2 transfer box on, which explains why that doesn't work. The one on the disco is broken (I dropped the transfer box on it) So - I just have to get the correct Td5 part and put the 300 part back on the 300 and job done :-)

• 1 year later...
Western so there is not way of making the Discovery 300Tdi transducer work with the Defender TD5 speedo?

Not that I know of, maybe CwazyWabbit on here could help

it's much easier to use the correct item.

It is possible to make it work, I can reprogram the Defender TD5 speedo head to work with the 8200 pulses per mile that the Disco sender generates instead of the 4100 pulses per mile it normally works on. It involves dismantling the speedo head and reprogramming a memory chip.

As well as reprogramming the speedo head I believe you will also need to change the sender plug as one is 3 pin and the other is 2 pin.

As Western says it's much easier to use the correct item ;)

Are you doing a conversion? Or do you have a TD5 Defender?

on a similar path ,although probably somewhat steeper, does a td5 transducer and via a td5 defender speedo send a speed signal that is compatible with l322 with td6 engine ? I have no reference to what TD6 L322 uses as a signal :unsure:

I know it works ok with edc on a 300tdi auto :i-m_so_happy: