Winch Choices

pugwash

if you shop about then there are tail lifters rated at 30ltrs/min @ 280bar, an electric pas pump will push anywhere between 3-8ltrs (but you should be able to track the exact specs back from the manufacturer)

additional power source plumbed in parallel with the main pump (but before the spool valve/solenoid block), you do need to protect against backfeeding the "dead" pump so either a 3 way "L" port or if you wanna get groovey then use two non-return valves (plumbed in before the pumps are ""Tee'd" together) and have it switch over automatically

if you get stuck for a circuit diagram Jim I'll scribble one out for you :)

if you shop about then there are tail lifters rated at 30ltrs/min @ 280bar, an electric pas pump will push anywhere between 3-8ltrs (but you should be able to track the exact specs back from the manufacturer)

additional power source plumbed in parallel with the main pump (but before the spool valve/solenoid block), you do need to protect against backfeeding the "dead" pump so either a 3 way "L" port or if you wanna get groovey then use two non-return valves (plumbed in before the pumps are ""Tee'd" together) and have it switch over automatically

if you get stuck for a circuit diagram Jim I'll scribble one out for you :)

Oooh yes like the non return valve idea- cheap and reliable i reckon- will probably end up putting taps in up stream of both pumps in case either or the none return valves get stuck open- then the system "can't" be open loop at any time.

Cheers jez, that idea has just made my day (i was into the relms of elctrically activated switches, or pressure dependant switches- sometimes you just don't see the wood for the trees!)

Your pump is positoned the same as my old truck, top left, I run a danfoss 47LPM with electromanegtic clutch which I would love to keep but do away with double "V" belt pully and replace with the chain cog but not sure if the clutch will handle the cog ?, thats what I have been told anyway, i cant see why not though. Having said all that I am not an engineer. I will have to take the radiator out and see if there is enough room to put the pump in place of the aircon pump in my new truck, but with the V8 in its a bit tight and the aircon pump is bottom right so I know it going to be a squezze. When I get the roof cut off and the back end sorted I will then look into the winch set up.

As you can see the 8274 and bumper is just to big. If you look close enough on the right you can see the small hyd motor which is plumbed in line with the leccy motor. Works ok but me nolikey leccy winches, its half way there but no hydraulic enough for me. Once I am done with chopping body work maybe you can have a look at it for me and suggest where to put pump.

oopps sorry forgot to mention its not a landrover. :ph34r:

post-1792-1159989383_thumb.jpg

oopps sorry forgot to mention its not a landrover. :ph34r:

Im a slut, I'll work on anything :)

if your clutch handled the polyvee's then theres no reason it wont handle a chain, in fact because theres less endload to a chain the pump bearing would have an easier life. have a nose at a Parker CP-16 pump, it has an electromagnetic clutch and the same clutch pack is used for all drive systems- you can get them in monster sizes (160cc/rev) B)

Jim I wouldnt worry about extra plumbing on top of the non-return valves, chuck a couple of hundred bar at it and it will shut pretty dam quick :)

right Im off to get bitten by moose flies for the weekend :P