Intermittant stalling and hesitation still happening on TD4

axaazaqwe

I did an earlier post with the same problem as the diagnosis of the garage was that all 4 injectors had gone, this was considered unusual on this forum and by others outside of it and I was recommended by others to visit a local fuel injection garage who fitted an inline fuel pump as to being the cause, 2 weeks later returned as same problem came back after a week, they then said it probably was the injectors and had it for a couple of days after which they said it wasnt the injectors,will be booking it into a landrover garage soon but in addition to the stalling a couple of times the hill descent light has come on the dash and the engine will not fire for a couple of minutes after stalling, any connection, and anyone got any ideas what it is

Funningly enough those three lights came on today on one of the stalls but not on any of the other stalling today, might have been all three before but last time I noticed the HDC light I was on my way to catch a plane and was more concerned about getting there, just another thing I have noticed which may have no connection at all is that it seems to stall and hesitate more in Drive than in 4th and have noticed that when you put it into Sport mode the display doesnt alter on the dash just stays on D, but I could be clutching at straws there.

I recently had a similar problem to this, which eventually I found to be a dry joint on the injector harness. It was intermittent because whenever I took the inlet manifold off as I was poking around, I would disturb the harness and make it connect again for a bit. Reving the engine would make the whole unit twist on it's mounts, and sometimes cause the bad connection.

Have you connected a diagnostics and found any fault codes?

If garages think it is the injectors, did they find a code, and have they tried swapping the injectors around to see if the fault follows the injector or not (i.e. injector or harness)?

Problem sorted, took it to a proper garage, someone who knows landrovers, Cyril Groombridge in Heathfield East Sussex, problem found within 5 mins, regulator and wiring loom, both replaced, running sweet now, thanks for everyones input, none of you wide of the mark.

• Like 1

• 9 years later...