300tdi FiP Leaks

JST

As FiP leaks seem to be favourite at the moment!

After removing the throttle linkage from the spindle on top of the FiP (300tdi FiP) it has developed a leak out of the top housing. From what i can see it is coming out of the spindle housing that the throttle linkage attaches to.

i believe there is a small seal in there. Is this correct?

Can it be changed without removing the FiP?

Anyone have a part number of suggestions on where to get a new seal from?

or failing that ideas on where else the fuel could be coming from?

Many thanks.

You might find that you've assembled the throttle spindle incorrectly. The spindle itself can drop down a few mm and it doesn't reseat when you tighten the nut up, i've had to hold the spindle up with a pair of nosey pliers before.

Well just been out to have a look, about 1 - 2mm vertical movement in the spindlewith it all fitted. took the linkage off again and tried redoing it all with the spindle held up - as you implied - not alot of fun! anyway re tightend and movement seems to have gone, will try it tomorrow

Well that didnt do it, but i did find one of the screws (the allen cover bolt) i had refittted was tight enough, have re fitted that and all seems good now so far.

Getting bored of taking this throttle linkage on and off!

Just completed this job on my Disco 300tdi completely successful!Found taking digital photos of the original settings useful as a reference when reassembling, as is counting the threads on the adjustment screws[1thread =1mm]Using a wrap of alfoil over the throttle spindle splines enables the Oring to slide easily with a bit help from some vaseline and a loop of cord pulls the throttle spring back into place.