The "Pass the Bucket" 4x4 For Sale on Ebay Thread

Hybrid_From_Hell

• 4 weeks later...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/off-road-land-rover-defender-range-rover-discovery-with-diff-locker-/190763375998?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item2c6a621d7e

Saw this whilst hunting for spares, £4850???

Am I missing something? I priced up everything on it and you could bid and buy a rough one with MOT and tax for 750~900 and fit all new stuff on it for less than he wants for it, sorry if I offend anyone on here but bit steep!! knock a thou off it and maybe??

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item2c6a621d7e

Am I missing something? I priced up everything on it and you could bid and buy a rough one with MOT and tax for 750~900 and fit all new stuff on it for less than he wants for it, sorry if I offend anyone on here but bit steep!! knock a thou off it and maybe??

DD

Yes I think he is serious but sadly there are two other people who think he is too and have made offers. I don't know what is worse the asking price or the offers. Mind you someone could be offering the real value of about £200,00

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item2c6a621d7e

here is for sale my beloved land rover. this is a discovery 3 door 2.5 tdi .over the years as a second car i turned it in off road aptitude.with lots of extras. front bumper ,winch ,plasma rope.4 tone 35 x 12.5 x 15 inch goodrich mud tyre on 10" wide wheel. wheel spacer 4cm each side. the body is rised 2" from the chassis and suspention 3" lift the lot on renforced axle with front and rear diff lock.extreme braided brake hoses. sterring guard ,diff guard ,tank guard with removable tow bar track road protectiom bar ,dan bar rock tree slider 3 degrers corection radius arms, articulated rear arms . front wide angle prop sharft.silencer replacment pipe. snorkel.kit roof 4 light . dislocation cone front and rear. inside the car there is rised up leather seats realy good in off road to see the front of your car. on the back instead of the seat in the boots i replaced them by cheker plate box the engine has been replaced by a 300 tdi instead of the originale 200.it has been tuned and get a big intercooler new clutch kit .1.4 transfer box because of the big tyre convertion kit hand brake. i didn't used it for almost 1 year.there is no more mot or taxe ,but for the right price i will put a new mot with it. thanks for looking .happy bidding.

I dont wanna sound like the grammar police but I wouldn't buy a car off anyone who writes like that!

here is for sale my beloved land rover. this is a discovery 3 door 2.5 tdi .over the years as a second car i turned it in off road aptitude.with lots of extras. front bumper ,winch ,plasma rope.4 tone 35 x 12.5 x 15 inch goodrich mud tyre on 10" wide wheel. wheel spacer 4cm each side. the body is rised 2" from the chassis and suspention 3" lift the lot on renforced axle with front and rear diff lock.extreme braided brake hoses. sterring guard ,diff guard ,tank guard with removable tow bar track road protectiom bar ,dan bar rock tree slider 3 degrers corection radius arms, articulated rear arms . front wide angle prop sharft.silencer replacment pipe. snorkel.kit roof 4 light . dislocation cone front and rear. inside the car there is rised up leather seats realy good in off road to see the front of your car. on the back instead of the seat in the boots i replaced them by cheker plate box the engine has been replaced by a 300 tdi instead of the originale 200.it has been tuned and get a big intercooler new clutch kit .1.4 transfer box because of the big tyre convertion kit hand brake. i didn't used it for almost 1 year.there is no more mot or taxe ,but for the right price i will put a new mot with it. thanks for looking .happy bidding.

I dont wanna sound like the grammar police but I wouldn't buy a car off anyone who writes like that!

And the rest.... :P

Depends. Age, Condition, type?

Company closed so they could be rare collectables or horrid things that you will never get spares for.

Are they the portal type or just live axles with Maxi internals?

Didn't see them in the listing though?

do wish sellers would read their advert before posting it, that reads as though no effort has been put into it, doesn't bode well for the engine.

do wish sellers would read their advert before posting it, that reads as though no effort has been put into it, doesn't bode well for the engine.

But I don't understand......

I thought all PCs and laptops came with a spell checker?

Depends on how the turbo "let go" as to whether or not the head has to come off to remove the potential metal fragments loitering in the bores and in the head/ inlet manifold, pics of it hanging off a couple of head bolts might put me off buying it too LOL

But I don't understand......

I thought all PCs and laptops came with a spell checker?

Depends on how the turbo "let go" as to whether or not the head has to come off to remove the potential metal fragments loitering in the bores and in the head/ inlet manifold, pics of it hanging off a couple of head bolts might put me off buying it too LOL