The "Pass the Bucket" 4x4 For Sale on Ebay Thread

Hybrid_From_Hell

Well, the snorkel is also to get air from higer up (with less dust) in a desert environment. Considering it's built for overlanding I recon the snorkel is definately warranted.

A 300, sure won't break any speed records but that camper won't weigh over 3.5 ton anyway so it should well be able to cope.

Diff guard is just sound advice if you are going to venture rover axles off the tarmac.

An extra roof tent looks like a good option to sleep a few extra people. (or sleep a bit cooler in hot environments)

Can't really see any problems there to be honest.

No worse than a big van in both power/performance and parking terms surely?

The LWB High Roof Iveco Daily i took to Newbury at the weekend had a whole 106hp, and weighs 2.3tonnes empty, and it went just fine. Not fast by any means, but happily held 70mph on all the motorway hills i came across.

Errrr...for my ideal 4x4 a Discovery 200 Tdi will be the ideal donnor. I will like some 36" tyres. For fitting them I will need some lift, about 4" at least for good clearance between body and wheels under full articulation. My ideal 4x4 will be no taller than 2m (80"), because for under bridge clearance in my area. Maybe a full body swap will be the answer. I´m going to contact an engineering company to see if such "thing" could be approved for road use in Spain...

This is a comfortable, low and good looking body...

XJ40_1-L.jpg

Just taking Jaguar-Land Rover to the next level...

• 2 weeks later...