The "Pass the Bucket" 4x4 For Sale on Ebay Thread

Hybrid_From_Hell

How much for that ? !!!

http://bit.ly/17q0dR0

I'm not saying it's good value, but if you've ever looked at getting a part Injection molded in plastic, you're looking at £2k-£10k up front for the tooling! That's not a lot if you expect to make millions of them but it sure is a lot if you are only going to sell hundreds!

We all tend to be fooled into thinking that plastic parts are cheap because of the number of plastic items for sale that are. There are dozens of parts I'd like to make in Plastic - but you wouldn't want to spend tens or hundreds of pounds on something you might expect in a Christmas Cracker! The exceptions to this, like MUD UK are good value because they 'know someone'!

This is one of the drivers for 3D printing. If you only want a few, it's amazingly good value!

Si

I think that's quite interesting! No use for me as I need every mm of headroom. It's a shame they didn't finish off the rear quarter-lights nicely. That would improve it a lot.

The angle of the chop, from the front just gives it a 'super perspective' wide angle look.

I like the idea but not the execution.... I was thinking of trying something similar at one point. More of a coupe though with the roof dropping down to the top of the cappings and just a bit more rounded than that. Not so sure on the step between the roof and the rear panels!

I'm not totally against the idea of the roof (it's not my thing but each to their own and all that). I just don't like the fact it now stops short of the back and the rear windows could have been finished a lot better, so it didn't look like someone just went around with a slitting disk chopping a chunk out.

That is just wrong on so many levels!!!

I was looking around in the photo's for X-zibit to be lurking and "mad Mike" to be finishing the interior, but maybe they missed out on the "big pimpin mobile"?????