The "Pass the Bucket" 4x4 For Sale on Ebay Thread

Hybrid_From_Hell

Could be legit. It's perfectly legal to have an older plate like that, what isn't okay is using an older identify.

Query the plate on the DVLA site, if it comes back as a Discovery then it's just an older number that's been allocated to a younger car. If it comes back as a 1970 (I think?) Series II or a Range Rover or the like then it's a ringer.

DVLA Can't seem to find it?!

DVLA Can't seem to find it?!

It's an ORANGE ROVER RANGE ROVER according to TFL

and the following is from DVLA (it's down as a rover not land rover Ross)

Date of Liability 01 08 2014

Date of First Registration 05 05 1971

Year of Manufacture 1971

Cylinder Capacity (cc) 3500cc

CO2 Emissions Not Available

Fuel Type PETROL

Export Marker N

Vehicle Status Licence Not Due

Vehicle Colour PINK

Vehicle Type Approval Not Available

It's an ORANGE ROVER RANGE ROVER according to TFL

and the following is from DVLA (it's down as a rover not land rover Ross)

Date of Liability 01 08 2014

Date of First Registration 05 05 1971

Year of Manufacture 1971

Cylinder Capacity (cc) 3500cc

CO2 Emissions Not Available

Fuel Type PETROL

Export Marker N

Vehicle Status Licence Not Due

Vehicle Colour PINK

Vehicle Type Approval Not Available

I want to pick a few brains here about this truck, OK pink is not my bag but the rest is spot on for what it is, now what exactly is wrong with it from what we see in the pictures???

Is there any leverage in bargaining with the fact that it needs and does not have an SVA to conform to legalities?

Well if he's done every thing he claims then it's not entitled to carry that reg plate as it appears it would foul the points system.

More importantly it's not entitled to carry that plate as it's a Discovery chassis not a Range Rover. So it's very likely to get stopped by the Police. If it was still using the Discovery registration then it would still need and SVA to be totally legal.

Sorry skimmed through first time but read it properly again now.

I am assuming he has literally just slapped that Reg plate on that pink Disco as from the listing there is no heritage to the reg date what so ever, I mean nothing at all, not even a light bulb or holder is from 1971.

This thing seriously needs reported as we have seen a lot of tax free reg'd 90s and 110s but at least they have had some tiny heritage pertained to them but this is ridiculous!!!

I wonder if they happen to peruse this forum?

Not directly, but I bet they buy data on where their company is being talked about!

Because this is an ongoing thread on a big forum, I'd be surprised if it wasn't on their radar!

Hello eBay!

Si

Not directly, but I bet they buy data on where their company is being talked about!

Because this is an ongoing thread on a big forum, I'd be surprised if it wasn't on their radar!

Hello eBay!

Si

Perhaps we could ask for a listings discount for forum members? Bet ebay don't watch this one ;)