The "Pass the Bucket" 4x4 For Sale on Ebay Thread

Hybrid_From_Hell

Sorry but I am struggling to find any type of "style" "elegance" or "beauty" in that hideous incarnation!!!!

I am appalled that these folk are supposed to be creating a one off bespoke vehicle that you want to be noticed in, but I have a feeling the way in which you WILL be noticed is different to the way you WANT to be noticed.

PIMP my ride daddy "O" :ph34r:

They had this Range Rover on that reached 82k and still reserve not met http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/350949352331

That Defender has failed to sell twice before reaching 30k then 35k

Ooooh!! That FJ45 P/up truck is the bomb :) Now that is simply tasteful and enhanced unlike the Fender!!! It could still be used as a full utility truck too, shame JLR couldn't have brought something forth in such a package that was rugged but affordable and easily maintained and cheaply fixed but also afforded warmth, comfort and security.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Land-Rover-Discovery-chassis-tax-exempt-off-road-/151200316599?ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:GB:3160

with " Estate " taxation class which allows up to 10km of road tax free use from place of vehicle registration

Oh yeah....one of mine is down as 'Estate', think its the 88, might be the project 109...... didn't know that meant I could drive to work without paying tax!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Land-Rover-Defender-90-110-/321289000431

this annoys me big time being sold without ID.

anyone work out what the number plates are on it? J695 KRL? - comes up as a green 92 tdi. would be interest to see if this appears on another landy. :unsure:

Well it looks like a Defender 200 TDI under the bonnet but also looks to have been originally yellow. I like the combination of one lift handle door and one push button door.......

What legitimate reason could there be to sell without ID?

Legitimacy aside for a moment 10k might be a bit optimistic:

Vehicles used just for agriculture, horticulture and forestry

This includes tractors, agricultural engines and light agricultural vehicles used off-road. It also includes ‘limited use’ vehicles used for short journeys (not more than 1.5 kilometres) on the public road between land that’s occupied by the same person.

https://www.gov.uk/vehicle-exempt-from-car-tax

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Land-Rover-Defender-90-110-/321289000431

this annoys me big time being sold without ID.

anyone work out what the number plates are on it? J695 KRL? - comes up as a green 92 tdi. would be interest to see if this appears on another landy. :unsure:

I would be happy to go buy it and apply for a log book on the chassis ID and or bulkhead plate, if it is ground off then equally happy to call the cops :)

If someone here wants to go and have a butchers and shop a ringer then please do ;)

I like the combination of one lift handle door and one push button door.......

another one! watching a 90 the other day on the bay with the same thing. must be a factory fitted feature... :lol: :lol:

I would be happy to go buy it and apply for a log book on the chassis ID and or bulkhead plate, if it is ground off then equally happy to call the cops :)

i think you hit the nail on the head there. nought the owner could do.. especially and the auction can be used as evidence so theirs no "i didnt know officer" BS and he fact he shows the vehicle registration is just LOL! :hysterical:

LMAO :hysterical:

NO MOT OR TAX NEEDS TLC IF YOU REQUIRE TO USE IT ON THE ROAD. GREAT OFF ROADER - The understatement of the year thus far (early days!) :unsure:

Put boost alloys on that, paint the bulkhead, body cappings and rear crossmember, and stick some door cards on and I would happily have that as my daily for work.

I don't think it qualifies for pass the bucket, the grill and wheels won't be to everyone's taste for sure but besides that it seems decent

Put boost alloys on that, paint the bulkhead, body cappings and rear crossmember, and stick some door cards on and I would happily have that as my daily for work.

Agreed ! Thus my comment that it was peculiar -- rather than say ghastly.

I don't think it qualifies for pass the bucket, the grill and wheels won't be to everyone's taste for sure but besides that it seems decent

If fairness to me too the 'pass the bucket' remit has been fairly wide on occasion ... And just how ghastly or how hard to address its issues hasn't always been a factor :)

At least we agree the wheels have got to go though.

The wheels alone qualify it for pass the bucket... bleugh.