The "Pass the Bucket" 4x4 For Sale on Ebay Thread

Hybrid_From_Hell

Seen to many of those woth a freelander just dropped on top of the Disco chassis and labelled as a 'Monster truck' which looks bloody awful, like that one.

If I was going to build one I'd make the effort to channel the body into the chassis so the sills were at the same level the disco ones would have been, and wheels sat in the arches properly.

can't help but think the end result would be tidier, and more aesthetically pleasing.

Seen to many of those woth a freelander just dropped on top of the Disco chassis and labelled as a 'Monster truck' which looks bloody awful, like that one.

If I was going to build one I'd make the effort to channel the body into the chassis so the sills were at the same level the disco ones would have been, and wheels sat in the arches properly.

can't help but think the end result would be tidier, and more aesthetically pleasing.

And far too many of them labelled as 'Dlanders' when they're not the North Offroad built machines.

• 1 month later...

I thought I had the perfect roll cage for off roading, but it seems not :( I need a cage designed for the 'serious off roader' and 'worthy of competition events' :huh::o:unsure::wacko:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LANDROVER-90-TRUCK-CAB-COMPETITION-EXTERNAL-ROLL-CAGE-WITH-CHASSIS-KIT-/172064140192?hash=item280fd26ba0:g:qscAAOxyzi9SjfYL

It hasn't even got a rear main hoop with a cross in it!?

"This is a full competition cage. It takes one internal diagonal to make it up to full spec, which it has (albeit not shown in picture). Please check your information before commenting in future. If you looked into our company you would find that we are known for our strength of cages."

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

So if I bolt this to my land rover and put one internal diagonal inside I'm sorted! Excellent! So where do I bolt the diagonal too??

The MSA Blue Book - linky (p187) - allows just one welded diagonal in the rear hoop, but hoops must be a single continuous tube right down to the chassis. As for those rear stays, well the less said the better. Clearly the guy is a complete pilchard if he can't even do a bit of basic research before spending all that time fabricating.

"This is a full competition cage. It takes one internal diagonal to make it up to full spec, which it has (albeit not shown in picture). Please check your information before commenting in future. If you looked into our company you would find that we are known for our strength of cages."

Ask him what his company is called so you can look into it.....

Also seems a strange listing to make private, guess he doesn't want you to find out who else bought one .....