The "Pass the Bucket" 4x4 For Sale on Ebay Thread

Hybrid_From_Hell

What do we think of this ?? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/REDUCED-Land-Rover-defender-90-200Tdi-Kahn-project-4x4-blackout-edition-/282019549506?clk_rvr_id=1022971646192&rmvSB=true

Note in the advert text it states ---- It has been built off a series 3 1983 ???

Erm £14,500???

He fitted the dash paneling and instrument covers very badly, and he even took a photo to show how badly!

Really not worth the same as a 2010 90 seen in LRO adds pages!

Why build on an '83? Rolling tax exemption? 7yrs to wait then!

PMSL

Want a laugh?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NO-RESERVE-Modified-SWB-defender-hybrid-galv-chassis-tax-exempt-/272223763471?

My favourite quote?

"So one important point to this land rover does not need points to retain it been tax exempt. This ruling became law in 1998 check the government website this would be classed as a hybrid as all modifications were done before this period"

Someone really doesn't understand the rules!

Holy cow, needs a visit from VOSA to

1) explain how the points system actually works

2) to pop it off to the crusher to rid us of this cheapo wanna something and nothing crime against refurbished Defender.

What do we think of this ?? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/REDUCED-Land-Rover-defender-90-200Tdi-Kahn-project-4x4-blackout-edition-/282019549506?clk_rvr_id=1022971646192&rmvSB=true

Note in the advert text it states ---- It has been built off a series 3 1983 ???[/size]

I can just imagine what that heap looks like underneath ,off to the crusher for you .

I know Series prices are on the up but even if it has only 37k on the clock a few quid short of ten grand - really?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Land-Rover-Series-2-II-1961-88-2-25-Petrol-Reg-625-RKX-Only-37k-miles-/262397190338?hash=item3d181760c2:g:P6UAAOSwYmZXF8oX

very original and unmolested, but worth ten grand? Not of my money! But look at where these vehicles are aimed now, wealthy and interested parties, not neccessarilly enthusiasts.

It is nice though.

It does say the jerry can has never been filled :huh: I notice there's a V8 badge on the wing & a TD5 under the bonnet :rolleyes: which points to a certain sort of approach - shame as I was quite enjoying trying to work out what on earth it could possibly have been built to do other than compensate for something. :lol:

• Like 2

It does say the jerry can has never been filled :huh: I notice there's a V8 badge on the wing & a TD5 under the bonnet :rolleyes: which points to a certain sort of approach - shame as I was quite enjoying trying to work out what on earth it could possibly have been built to do other than compensate for something. :lol:

If you look closer, it is actually 'V8 Supercharged' on the wing...

The question of how many accessories it's physically possible to attach to a Defender has been answered once and for all - yours for a mere £20k.

Gaze upon it in awe:

"Custom Built and Unique"

I suspect if you unbolted everything the truck would just crumble to dust :blink:

That's lovely, I like it :)

In all honesty, a hideous waste of money to go shopping and walk the dog.

I can think of better ways of improving any vehicle spending half that amount, not to mention actually making it even more awesome off road.

Not sure why you'd bother to spend and do so much in two years ownership unless it was a keeper?