The "Pass the Bucket" 4x4 For Sale on Ebay Thread

Hybrid_From_Hell

I'm going to stick with my original WTF!!!!!!!

I want to know HTF you spend 70k and still have a Mountney steering wheel :rofl:

In my Hybrid I once came to a slightly abrupt stop catching the front axle on a treestump. I managed to punch the dashboard, without letting go of the Mountney... never again :wacko:

• Like 4

I want to know HTF you spend 70k and still have a Mountney steering wheel :rofl:

In my Hybrid I once came to a slightly abrupt stop catching the front axle on a treestump. I managed to punch the dashboard, without letting go of the Mountney... never again :wacko:

That's brilliant! :lol::rofl:

I'm sure it was TJ that managed to break his on the rough roads of Iceland?

• 2 weeks later...

I am selling my 90 so decided to look on auto trader to get a feel for the market, this is the first vehicle to show in a search within 25 miles radius.

I am amazed at the skill of the builder, you guys wont believe it but that is a 1975 series 3, stunning job! looks exactly like a Defender now! All parts inter changeable you know.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201605013519972?make=land_rover&price-from=3000&quicksearch=true&onesearchad=new%2Cnearlynew%2Cused&price-to=3500&sort=default&postcode=sl98jq&radius=25&page=1&search-target=usedcars&model=defender_90&logcode=p

Can't tell if it's on leafs but I'm guessing not ,looks suspiciously like a 90 chassis but surely no one would do that and not declare it .........

The axle drive flanges are definitely not Series.

The question of how many accessories it's physically possible to attach to a Defender has been answered once and for all - yours for a mere £20k.

Gaze upon it in awe:

"Custom Built and Unique"

I suspect if you unbolted everything the truck would just crumble to dust :blink:

I see one bidder apparently did get it for 20,000. Maybe it is a good thing that Defender production is no more, if this is what people are doing to them. In all my years of Land-Rovering, this is about the worst thing I've ever seen.

I see one bidder apparently did get it for 20,000. Maybe it is a good thing that Defender production is no more, if this is what people are doing to them. In all my years of Land-Rovering, this is about the worst thing I've ever seen.

If it's not the worst then it's deffo up there with it !I would imagine whoever has bought it will strip it for parts ,could be a tidy profit there .

I agree, while I know its all up to the individual to do what he wants with it its certainly a nonsensical build to me.

Over on D2 forum they seemed somewhat impressed and what made me laugh is he hadn't done any of it himself but 'had a man do it for him'

It would be funny to leave that parked in a busy place with all those bags glued to the side :-) but at least you could watch it later on the massive flat screen telly on the inside of the back door. nah not my cup of tea.

Perhaps not, it's been relisted....

"Darling ,have you sold that Land Rover yet ?,the one you said you would make a fortune on "

"Not yet dear but I'm sure it will sell soon " LOL

as others have said it's all about personal taste ,or lack of taste ,or lack of common sense .

I have noticed more and more Kahn ,Twisted etc etc badged 90's and 110's around the area these last 12 months but it's all good ,when they go out of fashion there will be plenty of high spec motors going cheap ,especially when Land Rover start building em in India "due to demand " .

"Darling ,have you sold that Land Rover yet ?,the one you said you would make a fortune on "

"Not yet dear but I'm sure it will sell soon " LOL

as others have said it's all about personal taste ,or lack of taste ,or lack of common sense .

I have noticed more and more Kahn ,Twisted etc etc badged 90's and 110's around the area these last 12 months but it's all good ,when they go out of fashion there will be plenty of high spec motors going cheap ,especially when Land Rover start building em in India "due to demand " .

This!

Low spec and a healthy enthusiast (or would be) based audience for a vehicle that would cost less than half to produce elsewhere, use an "agent" to import low volumes and watch them get snapped up for big money, think of the first 200Tdi defender comfort and spec to get an idea of what is to come.

Unbelievable that lockers etc were over looked, but then it's all about looks nothing to do with going off road.

Judging by some of the stuff that gets drooled over elsewhere looks are solely what a lot of people are concerned with.

Function over form, I like things to be aesthetically pleasing of course, but then again my preference is ability, I drool over locking diffs, HD half shafts, portal axles etc, but I do more than bump the curb on the school run.

• 2 weeks later...