The "Pass the Bucket" 4x4 For Sale on Ebay Thread

Hybrid_From_Hell

1 hour ago, elbekko said:

What's the going price of air?

Or a V5 to attach to a new chassis... Not sure if this is technically illegal (arguably that chassis is too hacked about to be described by the V5, so possibly?), but in practice he's selling a V5 document.

• 4 weeks later...

This one?

1973945119_Screenshot2020-06-30at19_45_27.thumb.png.89ccd8f709c7445620e8e6fb27e10e67.png

Not sure what they were trying to achieve with that?

As the 2nd axle articulates, it is going to be pulling the rear one forward. And what would be so hard to connect to the chassis anyway?

It doesnt appear to have any brake lines on the back axle either. i guess thats to stop it ripping off.

Who needs  bushes or proper radius arms when box section will do...  🤠

media-6D84406A-DF40-4200-BA86-E8213D840C80.3c2222bf-a84f-4d30-99fd-810bbe8073bb.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJZJSGKLDBEJOKO4A&Expires=1593552841&Signature=4u4FUfUGmU9AOs6RL2aj%2FpQzYTU%3D

Edited by MECCANO

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/30/2020 at 6:38 PM, MECCANO said:

https://themarket.co.uk/listings/land-rover/defender-6x4/09e5480d-d2e6-46f4-a1cf-b8f877305bed?status=live

Err check out the axle trailing arms mount.... I'm not sure how they thought that was a good idea. Scary.

I know I’m late in this one but ......

I can’t believe someone is trying to pass that off as anything other than dangerous, it’s as if they think a long pretentious write up can disguise the fact that it’s a pile of junk , a dangerous pile of junk , gawd i hope no one buys that !

1 hour ago, paime said:

image.png.ecafc537269ec50dddb01d1f1cc935e3.png

Not for sale but somehow i feel it still belongs in this thread.

Each to their own. Taste is relative. 

But I agree.

5 hours ago, Ozzy50 said:

I know I’m late in this one but ......

I can’t believe someone is trying to pass that off as anything other than dangerous, it’s as if they think a long pretentious write up can disguise the fact that it’s a pile of junk , a dangerous pile of junk , gawd i hope no one buys that !

There ended up being a bit of a barny on Facebook . The guy claimed it was being sold as display purposes etc. Nothing in the Add said that.

Looking at the company site, they have been trying to sell it since june/july last year.

Built in 3 weeks... No Sh#t! You can tell. All the focus on "blinging it up". Literal demonstation of polishing a turd.

• Like 2

On 7/11/2020 at 10:00 AM, paime said:

image.png.ecafc537269ec50dddb01d1f1cc935e3.png

Not for sale but somehow i feel it still belongs in this thread.

Soft top design and colour aside, I think someone has put a lot of time, effort and money into this build. I’d be interested to read the build thread for it.

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, CwazyWabbit said:

What's the idea of the expanding foam? Something to back up body filler?

My father tried that on a discovery - his thinking was that it would prevent salt water (Scottish roads) getting inside and corroding the inside of the chassis. What it actually did was wick the water in between the foam and steel and hold it there, making the corrosion worse not better. 

I guess it might work on a new chassis that's never had wax inside to prevent adhesion, but I think over time you'd still get the foam separating from the chassis and wicking water in. Would need to make sure the foam formed closed cells too, not sure if standard builders foam does? 

Basically, don't do it... 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...