The "Pass the Bucket" 4x4 For Sale on Ebay Thread

Hybrid_From_Hell

Was there any explanation as to what they were trying to acheive or why? They must have had a very specific look in their mind, I am genuinely curious as to how they feel about the result and what the motivation was. There's a fair amount of effort gone into it, like movng the hinges and slam pannel, the sheet metal in making up the sides. Then making a hole in the raised section for no apparent reason. And that's not even mentioning the paintwork.

So many questions to be answered.

On a side note, looking back through this thread there are now many ebay ads that are gone forever, with only the comments here as a testament to their existence. To prevent this important historical record from being lost, I think screenshotting the adverts might be a good way to preserve them forever, and so that the generations to come don't repeat our car modifying mistakes.

48 minutes ago, ThreePointFive said:

On a side note, looking back through this thread there are now many ebay ads that are gone forever, with only the comments here as a testament to their existence. To prevent this important historical record from being lost, I think screenshotting the adverts might be a good way to preserve them forever, and so that the generations to come don't repeat our car modifying mistakes.

I disagree lol if you do that we will see the demise of this thread ruining the fun for future generations !!! Regards Stephen

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, ThreePointFive said:

Was there any explanation as to what they were trying to acheive or why? They must have had a very specific look in their mind, I am genuinely curious as to how they feel about the result and what the motivation was. There's a fair amount of effort gone into it, like movng the hinges and slam pannel, the sheet metal in making up the sides. Then making a hole in the raised section for no apparent reason. And that's not even mentioning the paintwork.

So many questions to be answered.

I would hazard a guess and say they're trying to make it look a Dodge Ram or something similar.

They failed.

15 hours ago, Badger110 said:

I would hazard a guess and say they're trying to make it look a Dodge Ram or something similar.

They failed.

That was exactly what I thought so if we both were reminded of the same vehicle, did they not suceed in some weird way?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Badger110 said:

That's funny, I thought Humber Pig for some reason.

7 hours ago, ThreePointFive said:

That was exactly what I thought so if we both were reminded of the same vehicle, did they not suceed in some weird way?

That is a very good point, perhaps my ' they failed ' comment was a keyboard warrior moment on my behalf :lol:

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, RedLineMike said:

From the above advert ------------  BASED ON A RANGEROVER CHASSIS, AND CONVERTED INTO T 6 WHEELER TIPPER, 

so how can it be legal ? unless it was a ex military 6 wheel RR TACR2 to start with, definitely not worth near 30K. 

9 hours ago, western said:

so how can it be legal ? unless it was a ex military 6 wheel RR TACR2 to start with, definitely not worth near 30K. 

Makes a change that they announce it!

Actually from the limited pictures I thought the chassis was the best part of it.

4 hours ago, Glue said:

Does the Irish Plate on the Dash explain or confuse the issue?

Could be an explanation in part, the ID of a vehicle is 100%  invested in the chassis in Ireland. But chassis alterations would require an engineers report.............. But apparently it is on  a UK plate? The year of the Irish plate and the B reg are the same on the face of it. 

Reminds me of that 6x4 we had last year with the 'Bulletproof' grille and the advert that essentially said it was a deathtrap waiting to happen. Looks better executed than that, at least.

I might have missed it, but does it say/show it is actually 6x6?

Even putting aside the legalities - which are huge - I cannot see how anyone running a business would want to take on a 36 year old vehicle at a price above most entry level pickups of similar capacity, and nor would any 'enthusiast' in their right mind part with £30k for a tipper they don't need and that will have no added off road ability.

Who is the target audience here?!

On 4/2/2021 at 4:40 PM, CwazyWabbit said:

What is the use case for a flatbed being a tipper? I could understand if it had sides.....

Pair of ramps off the back and for loading vehicles?

Mind you I can't comment because I plan on adding a pair of rams to convert the flat bed on the 6x6 into a tipper.... Admittedly it does have sides and I might have a cunning plan for other stuff too.

• Like 2