The "Pass the Bucket" 4x4 For Sale on Ebay Thread

Hybrid_From_Hell

On 5/25/2021 at 10:08 AM, FridgeFreezer said:

Well, bidding ended.

Better be sat down when you see what people thought it was worth.

In other news, I find these to be a charming addition to any Defender and most definitely in keeping with the whole ethos of the vehicle and its heritage:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/184692684351

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, steve b said:

....anyone else remember when it was just XJ Jaaags and Jensens that had two exhaust pipes sticking out the back ? 

Steve

....and it seemed exotic and high performance ! 

especially compared to the drinking straw out the back of our viva.

:i-m_so_happy:spot on , most cars had little peashooters for a tailpipe and about 50hp , different times 

I read Vizards serialised bible on 100hp per litre in Car and Car Conversions back when it was cutting edge 

Steve

47 minutes ago, steve b said:

:i-m_so_happy:spot on , most cars had little peashooters for a tailpipe and about 50hp , different times 

I read Vizards serialised bible on 100hp per litre in Car and Car Conversions back when it was cutting edge 

Steve

I bought his ‘tuning the a-series’ book - it seemed hi-tech. 

Some time ago I was lucky to own a V8 M5 that had 4 separate silencers as std (not 2 twins) and apparently (I couldn't see from the drivers seat) it spat flames out of each on the rev limiter.

From what I've seen since that car was the catalyst for all manufacturers to put 4 tail pipes on any saloon car ( even the next year M3 had a single box with 4 pipes).

As much as I loved the car I hate how it has changed naff car fashion.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, missingsid said:

As much as I loved the car I hate how it has changed naff car fashion.

Just like all the cars now which are the ‘something’-line..... S-line/Rline etc all the spoilers and visual upgrades without any of the performance side of it. All fart and no poo as a mate says. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, landroversforever said:

Just like all the cars now which are the ‘something’-line..... S-line/Rline etc all the spoilers and visual upgrades without any of the performance side of it. All fart and no poo as a mate says. 

My AMG line included different springs and wider tyres. But of course also a few blanked off air channels...

• Like 2