The "Pass the Bucket" 4x4 For Sale on Ebay Thread

Hybrid_From_Hell

Weirdly it looks fairly well executed, just utterly fugly. Almost looks like they were trying to emulate some sort of military thing ( @Gazzar I agree it almost looks like it should be amphibious) but just... no.

Edit, just noticed:

You won't get any speeding tickets in it - 60mph is all its got due to the tyres and aerodynamics of a brick outhouse

Which suggests to me there's something wrong with it as a 3.9 V8 can definitely pull a brick outhouse to at least 80mph.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, FridgeFreezer said:

Weirdly it looks fairly well executed, just utterly fugly. Almost looks like they were trying to emulate some sort of military thing ( @Gazzar I agree it almost looks like it should be amphibious) but just... no.

Definitely one of those wasted effort ones. Could have been so much better. 

Why do people think that value is based on the effort needed to build it?

As Top Gear once said, it costs the same to make a stretched limo if it is a Merc or a Fiat. The value of each however are not equal.

Diamond checker plate body, it must weigh more than the std vehicle.

Back in the eighties when I used to Comp a guy turned up in a newly built Cummings  diesel racer. It looked great but a little odd. It was twice the size of a normal racer in every dimension including weight!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FridgeFreezer said:

Which suggests to me there's something wrong with it as a 3.9 V8 can definitely pull a brick outhouse to at least 80mph.

With 35s and probably the 1.2 t-case on it still, this may not be far off -he even states that he didn't separate the gearbox from the engine.

Otherwise I agree, 33" heavy mud tyres on a 4.0 V8 RRC I have easily topped an indicated 90, I mean 80, I mean 70 with plenty more to go (officer).

• 1 month later...
26 minutes ago, landroversforever said:

You probably wonder if it is a legal conversion... If it is a disco body on a 130 chassis it is, but from the pictures, it does not look that way.

5 minutes ago, Daan said:

You probably wonder if it is a legal conversion... If it is a disco body on a 130 chassis it is, but from the pictures, it does not look that way.

Jsut been back through and you can see in one of the pictures it's got a D2 chassis as the upper shock mount is permanently attached to the chassis. 

If people have watched 4x4 24 7 on you tube from down under, they make that little wheel arch cover into a storage compartment that goes right through to the other side.

As chopping the back of your toyota off, extending the wheelbase and adding a flat bed is quite common in Aus! 

Steve

10 hours ago, Gazzar said:

If the rear doors were sorted, and the visual clutter was gone, it'd be a very nice utility.

If it was built on a proper 130 chassis it would be - HD salisbury back axle, deeper chassis rails, and of course way less chavvy than it currently is :ph34r:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...