converting form V8 EFi to V8 with carburettors

Smokydiesel

Wires that connect to points 27,28,29,30,31 on connector 32 can all be ignored, these are to do with the aircon, so unless fitted are not required. It's a loose plug so leaving it in situ is not a problem.

So what you are saying is that even though air-con was fitted to the majority of Rangies, you should just ignore it. Don't worry about you idle not being adjusted under the load of the aircon, etc. Don't even worry about the fans in front of the radiator, as they are not important either.

Connector 12:

Top pin: ignition feed

Next: Out to EFI warning light (not required or fitted in many cases)

Next: Neutral/Park switch for auto box -not required is a manual, but very easy to fit if it is an auto

Then you just need to ground the obvious points and job done.

So again you are saying that you do not need to know if the ECU has picked up a fault in the system as the check engine light is not required.

I am not sure why Land Rover wiring in a 480 ohm resistor into the neutral wire when wired for a manual. Obviously all the other literature about what is needed in a manual is also wrong. So we can just leave out the resistor as it does nothing.

Alternator IND wire, tacho and main battery charging wire is part of a separate loom, so you can leave your existing wiring in place with no duplication.

Speed sensor makes very little difference in my experience, but there is of course nothing to stop you fitting it anyways.

I am not sure what you are getting your wiring loom from, but in the discos the wiring for the alternator and everything on the top of the engine runs through the one wiring loom. The Rangie I am not sure about as I have changed the wiring a few times and I am not 100% sure how it was original.

As stated previously, there is a big difference between doing only enough to get the motor to run and actually doing it properly

Edited by p76rangie