new exhaust pipe needed which one- but with a potential TDi conversion

Hi Folks, my rear muffler decided to part company from the tail pipe on my 90 today,

I could go and buy a replacement, but with a new pipe at about £85, and bearing in mind that I'd like to do a 200/300 TDi conversion in the not too distant future, do I go and get the pipe for the 2.5 NAD OR tdo I get a fatter tail pipe and end silencer to suit the turbo engines and make it fit for the meantime OR use my existing down pipe and graft the mid box and tail pipe from the turbo engines on to it, I'm hoping that the exhaust system from the 2.5 NAD will suffice for the turbo engines, but I heard somewhere that the bore of the pipes needs to be bigger or else you get too much back pressure and overheating......

opinions on a postcard please.... :)

I suggest you check out whether there is a "Longlife" stainless-exhaust-place in your neighbourhood.

http://www.longlife.co.uk/

Go talk to them - they will custom-build you a system which can take into consideration your future engine-conversion options and make things easier than trying to fudge something together out of the LR parts-bin.

--Tanuki.

"I do Security. I do *serious* Security. I do front-desk Security Officers armed with Morningstars, 33-Kilovolt Nipple-clamps, Poleaxes, Thumbscrews and bubbling vats full of freshly-charged Electric Eels" --From _A_W_O_L_