ballpark figure for a Tdi Disco for it's engine

Hi all, I'm looking for a Tdi either a 200 or 300 to convert my 2.5 NAD 90, but I have no idea really what price I should be looking at for the milage, I'd like something in the region of 100k miles, less being better obviously, but they seem quite a lot for something you're going to rip apart, with trucks starting at about £1250 up to £1500 plus, are these prices reasonable?

Cheers

I bought a 200tdi with about 140ish miles was a L reg for £450 also bought a 200tdi k reg with 190ish miles on for £550, had to travel for the cheaper one, both were rot boxes, but engines and axles were good.

Discoverys with tax and test go for £800 upwards.. spares and repairs are alot cheaper

Simple maths really, when you want one you can't find bugger all, and when you don't there's lots of cheapies about!

Mate of mine got an absolute steal on a 300 tdi Disco for £300!

300s are worth more than a 200 being seen as more desirable (by some) I'd expect to pay between £400-£800 for a vehicle. Should be able to break what's left over and get some ££'s back.

how much milage is acceptable? as in how robust are these lumps, there are discos running around with 200k plus miles on the clock, but I don't really want to go and buy an old dog that's rattly and smoky and generally shagged, I don't know, but I'd think any truck with 130k or below is a good bet? with lots of life left in it, I don't do that many miles in my 90, as it's only really a toy for the weekend....

with trucks starting at about £1250 up to £1500 plus, are these prices reasonable?

I think you're looking in the wrong places, try entering 'discovery spares or repair' into ebay and sorting the results by nearest to your location. I had to travel a bit for mine (Dorset, going from Bristol), but I picked up 200tdi rotbox with 130k on the clock (with, importantly enough remaining MOT+tax so I could drive it home) for £450...

Oh, and keep hold of it for as long as your other half will tolerate seeing a rotting discovery on your drive...there are loads of bits that can be robbed which aren't immediately obvious but can be made to fit with minimal fettling...such as wiring, loudspeakers, seats if they're in good condition...etc. As you have a 90 you can swap the axles over too, giving you an easy rear disc-brake conversion (not possible on a 110).