weekend Playing Aus style

reads90

Just spent the weekend at Curiser park in Queensland.

Had a great time the 90 did ok considering it is standard .But alot differant to the uk. Lots more dust and rocks, (as moglite will know, he has been there before)

blue90.jpg

blue902.jpg

disco3.jpg

disco32.jpg

disco34.jpg

ramgie%202.jpg

rangie.jpg

PIC_0015.JPG

PIC_0016.JPG

90tow.jpg

And some Videos (need broadband)

Dicso's at play

90 recovers two toyotas at once

Rangie shows up Toyota

Hill Climp

another hill climb

Ali,

Yeah, good fun & excellent pictures B) ………………………… I have spent many a happy day up at LCMP Jimna ………………… did you not try to cross the lake by the picnic tables ? …………. it was bloody deep when I was there last. Also did you try any of the next to impossible trails …….. where lockers and at least 37’s were required. :blink:

Next time you go up …………. take some pics of the ‘stuck & Recovery pics that are posted up in the sign on cabin ……….and post ‘em here to show what a real ‘stuck’ is………….some real treasures in there. :D

It used to be $18 a day (2004)……………seriously cheap for some really good quality trails, but if you were on your own and needed recovery they used to charge $104 an hour for the recovery.

Last time I went, we had a borrowed troopy running the straight 6 fat fryer, and bro’ in law used his L200 ute …………. the weather was very wet and I was forever pulling the L200 POS out of the washouts :rolleyes: ……………… ah …… happy memories.

I’ll dig out some pictures later.

You lucky sod …………….. :P

Ian

Ali,

Yeah, good fun & excellent pictures B) ………………………… I have spent many a happy day up at LCMP Jimna ………………… did you not try to cross the lake by the picnic tables ? …………. it was bloody deep when I was there last. Also did you try any of the next to impossible trails …….. where lockers and at least 37’s were required. :blink:

Next time you go up …………. take some pics of the ‘stuck & Recovery pics that are posted up in the sign on cabin ……….and post ‘em here to show what a real ‘stuck’ is………….some real treasures in there. :D

It used to be $18 a day (2004)……………seriously cheap for some really good quality trails, but if you were on your own and needed recovery they used to charge $104 an hour for the recovery.

Last time I went, we had a borrowed troopy running the straight 6 fat fryer, and bro’ in law used his L200 ute …………. the weather was very wet and I was forever pulling the L200 POS out of the washouts :rolleyes: ……………… ah …… happy memories.

I’ll dig out some pictures later.

You lucky sod …………….. :P

Ian

mmm has not rained their for two years . so must have rained the last time when you were here :D

Yeah saw the pics, mad just mad. All the water ones were weird as saw non all weekedn but loads and loads of dust

Good photos, nice Discovery there

The 90 towing 2 toyotas vid doesn't work, thought "oh goody only 3mb I'll download that one" but you only get about 5 sec and nothing happens...

mmm checked it and have re loaded it as it was not fully down loaded

Just spent the weekend at Curiser park in Queensland.

Had a great time the 90 did ok considering it is standard ......

Hey hold on - since when is your 90 stock - you've upgraded you suspension to OME. You've upgraded your tyres from 205's - to BFG. You've got a winch bumper and all kinds of other do-dads.

What you mean is your 90 is a lame spece compared to all the full on Aussie trucks :D:P:D

LCMP is indeed an awesome place - I'll check out your vids later.

I had a hired LandCruiser camper, and thought the route to the car-park was pretty extreme, indeed it was as I managed to knacker a CV. I was quite surprised to see a 2wd car in the car park when I got there !!!!

Hey hold on - since when is your 90 stock - you've upgraded you suspension to OME. You've upgraded your tyres from 205's - to BFG. You've got a winch bumper and all kinds of other do-dads.

What you mean is your 90 is a lame spece compared to all the full on Aussie trucks :D:P:D

LCMP is indeed an awesome place - I'll check out your vids later.

I had a hired LandCruiser camper, and thought the route to the car-park was pretty extreme, indeed it was as I managed to knacker a CV. I was quite surprised to see a 2wd car in the car park when I got there !!!!

Yeah i know but compaired to what was there it was standard. after all that 2004 disco i the pics has 35" tyres and beadlockers,