Central locking issue, help needed.

Trevorevans

When I lock my '97 300tdi disco using the key fob the central locking operates and locks all the doors (indicators flash three times as they should) but then almost straight away unlocks its self, this happens for the first 3-4 attempts then it will stay locked, though I do worry I will come back to it to find in my absence it has unlocked itself, also when I open a door after it has unlocked itself a clicking like a relay sound can be heard coming from near the glove box area. When the doors eventually do lock however the central locking works perfectly i.e. it will lock and unlock in succession with no issue but left to stand for 10 mins the problem returns. Have checked the door sensors, the little button type things in the closures but all seems well. Its worrying as the key doesn't work in the drivers door (turns but nothing happens) so can't lock the truck that way either, any ideas guys? Help will be much appreciated.