The future?

BogMonster

I smell someting without legs living in the sea and breathing through gills.

Trilobites? :unsure:

My feelings too ... a word that rhymes with "rowlocks" sprang to mind when I read it!

But who knows - he could be the next Albert Einstein :o

As far as you know. It used to be a well known fact that the sun revolved around a flat earth.

Chris

it may have been a well known fact, that was proven to be wrong, so is that it's not best to eat yellow snow, this experiment won't be so easily proven without some serious research into it

My point is that what you think you know to be a fact today may look different in the light of tomorrow's thinking.

Chris

^^^ that is not quite right. belief & hearsay and being able to prove something based on the current scientific knowledge are two different kettles of non air breathing swimming creatures.

the sun going round the earth thing was a dictate by the church and you were burnt as a heretic if you disagreed; who really know how many people disagreed?

this has been mulled over on another forum and Steorn are making three claims for its technology:

1. The technology has a coefficient of performance greater than 100%.

2. The operation of the technology (i.e. the creation of energy) is not derived from the degradation of its component parts.

3. There is no identifiable environmental source of the energy (as might be witnessed by a cooling of ambient air temperature).

not heard of C.O.P. but I daresay the wording is such that it isn't vioalting the first law of thermodynamics.

^^^ that is not quite right. belief & hearsay and being able to prove something based on the current scientific knowledge are two different kettles of non air breathing swimming creatures.

the sun going round the earth thing was a dictate by the church and you were burnt as a heretic if you disagreed; who really know how many people disagreed?

Back then the church was the scientific community. If you knew no better then you went along with current best thinking. Good for people like Nicholas Copernicus and Sean McCarthy who are prepared to stand up and risk burning or ridcule and say it ain't so.

I am not suggesting that I think such free energy is possible but I want to keep an open mind.

Chris