Advice needed please - rubber insulators for fitting new tub???

Hi all

just in the process of fitting a new tub on the 90 and looking for advice on what rubber insulators goes where if any, ie between tub and chassis. There were a few well worn bits that fell out whilst removing old tub before i got chance to see where they came from.

Anyone replaced a tub before with advice photos etc would be a big help.

Cheers

Kev

Use the rubber pads to ensure the tub lines up height wise with the rear cross member tabs and the curve of the doors. You may or may not need them depending how flat the underside of your tub is and chassis build tolerances.

Cheers Simon

I take it the rubber is not needed to keep tub and chassis apart then, just to help line up holes!!

If needed then would the rubber not be needed at all touching points to give full support ?

thanks for the input.

I have just reconditioned my 110 tub. There is a rubber pad on each end of the strengthening members which line up with each of the supports on the chassis (12 of them on the 110). Each rubber pad is about 4x6 cm and fixed to the members with 2 split rivet type thingies. I removed mine to galvanise the members and invariable all the rivets broke. I simply replaced them using normal pop rivets. Suitable replacements could be made up from a piece of conveyor belting or similar very dense rubber matting. They would need riveting on or gluing with sikaflex or similar to stop them falling out. Definitely use them though.