disco 2 inside light not working

smithy1

My inside roof light doesnt work when u open the doors but works when u turn it on manualy

any body know out about these?

Cheers smithy

all of them or just the front one? ... it's important to know cos they are managed by the BCU

a door switch would have disturbed the alarm too...and the SLS if fitted

The interior courtesy lamps are timed... if a door was opened a longer time then closed without turning ignition the lamps will not work. Do they work when you turn ignition off? ...if yes check again after locking/unlocking doors...if not, and taking into account the alarm/fob missbehaviour too check for water ingress at the BCU's plugs and u can try to join together the purple/blue trace wires from highligted plug in the pic.... water ingress from the windscreen is causing corrosion in the plugs there The BCU is not far from this plug on the same post but u have to remove the glovebox to reach it

post-24079-0-64214900-1333546156_thumb.jpg

great post cheers i check this tomorrow ,

but the lights dont work at all unless u turn the switch to on ???? but not with opening the doors or after locking or unlocking

it has the normal problem of blocked sunroof tubes

fixxxxxxed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! more than happppy !!!!!! thanks sierrafery for the great replys this was spot on also great use of pics !

after fixed i had too start and stop and open and lock the disco a few times then spot on

cheers everybody for the replys :i-m_so_happy:

but now the nexted problem.... central locking doesn't work ,anybody no why it doesnt lock with the key fob

fobs been tested and check out ok all door lock with the key in the lock but not with the buttons on the key

could this be a quick fix too :(

• 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 4 years later...
On 4/4/2012 at 2:29 PM, sierrafery said:

The interior courtesy lamps are timed... if a door was opened a longer time then closed without turning ignition the lamps will not work. Do they work when you turn ignition off? ...if yes check again after locking/unlocking doors...if not, and taking into account the alarm/fob missbehaviour too check for water ingress at the BCU's plugs and u can try to join together the purple/blue trace wires from highligted plug in the pic.... water ingress from the windscreen is causing corrosion in the plugs there The BCU is not far from this plug on the same post but u have to remove the glovebox to reach it

post-24079-0-64214900-1333546156_thumb.jpg

Would this be the problem that my air suspension not working! 
my lights work when turned on but will not work when doors open! Any help would be good ? 

• 4 weeks later...

Sierrafery thank you I manage to get SLS to work the compressor had packed up and was blowing the fuse under hood what else should I look at for interior lights they still do not come on when you open doors they do when you switch them on?? Alarm sets and goes off if set off and all doors lock with key fob.