Winch blanket/sail

dirtydiesel

I am after a winch blanket that conforms with the 1kg wieght rule that doesn't have D44, ARB or some such other advert on it.

I could ust about live with one of the old style warn ones, the plain red ones with warn in the middle, but i carn't seem to find one anywhere.

I did think that a LR4x4 would be nice :D

If someone would be good enough to make some, i would buy one.

I am after a winch blanket that conforms with the 1kg wieght rule that doesn't have D44, ARB or some such other advert on it.

From a non-winch user, what does a 'Winch Blanket' do that a piece, or pieces, of soft fabric house mat / carpet won't do?

I'd have thought a piece of foam backed carpet, considered too ratty for her indoors to walk on, would have been flexible enough to fold over the cable. I appreciate that it really needs to stay on the cable as it flies through the air, and material that is too stiff woould be more likely to fall off immediately rather than stay with the cable.

However, I'd have thought cheap carpet, or a loose (house) floor mat, would have been flexible enough.

Just a thought.

A carpet would also be useful to kneel or lie on in other circumstances.

Of course, if 'Blanket' is the key word, Anchor Surplus used to sell them, cream or dark grey. They'd be heavy enough, and flexible enough after you've washed them :-)

Cheers.

From a non-winch user, what does a 'Winch Blanket' do that a piece, or pieces, of soft fabric house mat / carpet won't do?

I'd have thought a piece of foam backed carpet, considered too ratty for her indoors to walk on, would have been flexible enough to fold over the cable. I appreciate that it really needs to stay on the cable as it flies through the air, and material that is too stiff woould be more likely to fall off immediately rather than stay with the cable.

However, I'd have thought cheap carpet, or a loose (house) floor mat, would have been flexible enough.

Just a thought.

A carpet would also be useful to kneel or lie on in other circumstances.

Of course, if 'Blanket' is the key word, Anchor Surplus used to sell them, cream or dark grey. They'd be heavy enough, and flexible enough after you've washed them :-)

Cheers.

mmmm but difficult to find foam back carpet these days. Has not been made for 4 years so it would have to be an old ropy bit

Personally I just don't use it and shout at anybody within the kill zone to get the F out of the way, its a bit like the difference between pointing a loaded gun at somebody with the safety on, and not pointing it at them. It means one less thing to carry and with plasma being so light I don't think it's necessary anyway.

Excellent idea on a LR4x4 one though - does anybody know who might manufacture such a thing? we could maybe look at getting some done if it wasn't too expensive, would be good advertising for events :)

Right

KittyGripe Productions presents

A new "Orange ASIR Recovery Winch Blanket".

Lined with 10mm plate (for extra weight) this unique "Limited Edition" Winch Blanket is guaranteed to "Get Someones Back Right Up" when spotted, as well as work as a Winch Blanket

Avaiable for the knockdown bargain price of £99.99 or, for £100 complete with a (new) sagging colour coded spring for that extra weight (replaces 10mm plate) and this then makes the blanket bounce back to you if your plasma breaks

When they are gone they are gone

KGMedium.jpg

Make a Statement when your winching next time around

Nige :lol:

No Heavy Plate was hurt in the making of this advertisment