Winch blanket/sail

dirtydiesel

You don't need lead weights, just fill the pockets with spare shackles and snatch blocks.

The 'weights' each side of the blanket will be enough when you drape it over the rope without magnets or velcro.

I reckon magnets would work well, and bring the weight to 1 kg.

When can you start chucking them out? I think orange would be a good colour, a shame loads of people now fall over me and think I have connections with a certain company....

Daan

I use a nylon weave type sack [from the bales of rags we get at work]with old length of chain sewn in down the long sides, it does the job well & I can dump any kit into it for correct stowage later,

Garnet for our water jet machine is bagged into 25kg sacks and 40 stacked inside the type of bag you get 1 tonne sand from the builders merchant. If you can imagine 25kg of sand in a synthetic hesian bag thats the size of your winch blanket / sail. We currently get through about 2 tonnes/month = 80 bags which get thrown into the bin. 1 years supply of Garnet would just about supply the whole forum! PM me if interested.

No, not a bean and I forgot abou them to be honest.

I take it they are made to a certain spec? Perhaps it's possible to get them made, rather than wait on other people to contact me. Does anyone know the size, material, weight, or whatever of these things?

Les. :)

les we're just looking in to these for the shires have a sample made to same spec as an ARB one i think the price was going to work out about £30 ish but don't quote me and we talked about just putting a sticker on it if you let me know how many people want one i can see what we can do

mike

Garnet for our water jet machine is bagged into 25kg sacks and 40 stacked inside the type of bag you get 1 tonne sand from the builders merchant. If you can imagine 25kg of sand in a synthetic hesian bag thats the size of your winch blanket / sail. We currently get through about 2 tonnes/month = 80 bags which get thrown into the bin. 1 years supply of Garnet would just about supply the whole forum! PM me if interested.

yep, thats the type.