Rubbing Noise?

Hi all. I was just wondering if anyone could tell me what could be causeing the rubbing noise on my standard 2001 Td5 County 90 Defender.

It happens when I pull off to the left in first and second but doesnt happen when turning right and pulling off.

It almost sounds like the tyre rubbing but it's not the tyre. And when I hear the sound it's Rub Off Rub Off Rub Off until upto about 30mph and the on off rubbing gets faster as I pick up speed but goes away after about 30mph.

Any ideas of anything I could check for?

Thanks Terra Dog

Hi, no I havnt found the problem. I took it to a land rover mechanic the other day and I couldnt get it to make the noise which is typical. It only happens to my defender when turning left at low speed pulling off. And it's intermitent. I have a suspicion it's either to do with the clutch or the power steering box.

If you find out what it is you'll have to let me know because it's doing my head in. Does your noise happen when pulling off to the left?