whitbred or other????

WHO?

well it seems my work truck may be on the way out, i have a hybrid, disco chassied ,90 inch ,trayback as my comp truck of the moment which is tried and true, my question is who's spaceframe is my work truck's drivetrain best under (for trialling and winching), it has the 300 tdi of a disco and r380 and so on, its a future project as the duck is far from dead ,but i like to get my decisions made in good time, so go forth and provide opinions!!!! please!

regards Hugh

I suppose Whitbread, but with a tube chassis instead of box, like Red-line-mikes. Or maybe an 80mm tube chassis like some bloke who's name I have forgotten.

Alan Burns, thats him :) I liked that truck design a lot. It survived going end over end on a comp okay, so it would be strong for winching.

I guess Malcolm would build either for you?

• 2 weeks later...

value you for money = whitbread

i have had the pleasure of driving and co piloting many of his vehicles in the last few years.

strong ,reliable and simple

easy to build at home

pm me if you want to know more or just ring malc for a chat.

better still come on down and marshall at his event and see all the different types of buggies at play versus othe r comp vehicles

I'm most impressed with Whitbred's offerings at the moment. I think they look good aesthetically and I've never heard anyone say anything less than positive about them.

Malcolm may just have been winding me up - but he said he doesnt use any software for design or calculating bends, instead he just does it by eye. That's a craft skill that most people lack - and if it wasn't a wind up, he has my respect for that alone!

Most cages bent without software or drawing it on the floor end up looking like a climbing frame after it's been hit by a bus!

Si

I'm most impressed with Whitbred's offerings at the moment. I think they look good aesthetically and I've never heard anyone say anything less than positive about them.

Malcolm may just have been winding me up - but he said he doesnt use any software for design or calculating bends, instead he just does it by eye. That's a craft skill that most people lack - and if it wasn't a wind up, he has my respect for that alone!

Most cages bent without software or drawing it on the floor end up looking like a climbing frame after it's been hit by a bus!

Si

there is no windup there, the only computer involvement when i worked for him was on the controller of the bender,

Si

Why would you need software for something as simple as a rollcage? ,maybe if you had a 5 axis laser or whatever to cut every tube notch first before bending.

I do like what malcolm whitbread makes , his prices are good and after seeing his work Id recomend him too