looking for a 110XS

white90

no local ones available

that suit our criteria

prefreably 1-2 year old low mileage with warranty

not black

silver at a push

up to 20k

anyone have any clues/tips on where to look?

TIA

Moving to the dark (long) side are we.

Have you tried doing a National search on http://www.autotrader.co.uk/, there looked to be plenty about.

Hope that helps.

Hi Tony

What's your budget? I found that 1-2 year old ones were overpriced. Picked up a 6 month old one with 7000 miles with GKN overdrive for 22,500. I reckoned that the extra warranty, lower mileage were worth the difference.

Cheers

Steve

Moving to the dark (long) side are we.

Have you tried doing a National search on http://www.autotrader.co.uk/, there looked to be plenty about.

Hope that helps.

Autotrader only threw up 2 110 XS's less than 2 years old for me..

*multi-photos (6) 2005 LAND ROVER DEFENDER LANDROVER DEFENDER 110 XS 15,000 miles, Landrover Defender 110 XS Java Black Leather seats/steering wheel/Air con/heated seats screen/ABS traction control/Patriot roofrack ladder/uprated transfer box power chip/23months landrover . . . . (private)

£ 19,999

34 miles

*multi-photos (6) 2005 LAND ROVER DEFENDER 110 XS Station Wagon 2005 / 05 plate, metallic Zambezi Silver, black XS half leather interior, only 6000 miles, 1 owner, heated front and rear screens, 9 seats, London congestion charge free, electric front windows, central . . . . (trade)

Cheers

Steve

20kish budget

We missed the yeovil L/R one

silver is way down on colour choice

black definatley out

Red ideally

thanks for the pointers

shame the red one is in Cumbria!

a tad to far to go and look if it isn't the one.

tried Autotrader but none matching the criteria as yet.

will try a few more dealers tomorrow

*multi-photos (6) 2005 LAND ROVER DEFENDER 110 XS Station Wagon 2005 / 05 plate, metallic Zambezi Silver, black XS half leather interior, only 6000 miles, 1 owner, heated front and rear screens, 9 seats, London congestion charge free, electric front windows, central . . . . (trade)

Cheers

Steve

mmm, think you will find , this one sold on e-blag Here

!! had it on autotrader at 21k sold ?? for 23500 !!! hope he gets paid !!

Your,s was cheap/good deal Steve !! no px if i remember ?? Tony, mine free after Belgium National !! still the cheapest 110 XS SW on autotrader !! and the Yeovil one was vat 20k + vat !!!

Yeovil one was £19995 inc vat when I called

no mention of vat in any of their adverts on top ot the asking price.

will do some chasing around tomorrow.

If these people are advertising cars at a price and not mentioning VAT to be added they can sod off for my money

Guest mr_wuffles

I've got a late model td5 110 Double cab on a Galvanized chassis, with 300 Tdi axles, no doors, but everything else is there seats brand new heated screen, 02 style dash. The body and everything else is mint like new colour of your choice for 4.5k

thanks for pointing that out then I will call them tomorrow to pass on my thoughts.

Thanks Nick

Val may be a little perturbed by having no doors though :)

a new one is what she wants so that's what she'll have(well as new as possible)

thanks for pointing that out then I will call them tomorrow to pass on my thoughts.

Thanks Nick

Val may be a little perturbed by having no doors though :)

a new one is what she wants so that's what she'll have(well as new as possible)

Tim makes a good point, I had this issue when looking for one too. Lots on LR site with price but when you phone up and pointedly ask about the VAT you find out it's plus VAT. Started to p**s me off as you'd waste effort phoning up etc for Defenders that were actually 3-4K above price shown.

Also the variation between dealers can be big for nearly new and it seems to stem from how many Defenders they sell. Some just want them off their books. They have to take them in their allocation, have them as demos and then they want them off asap after 6 months. This is how I got the 90 for about 4K less than anywhere else. Others sell a lot of Defenders and therefore are happy to hold out.

There will be a number of six month old '06 ones coming on the forecourts in September from dealers and LR fleet if you can wait a month. Took me about 2-3 weeks of keeping an eye on LR site and dealers own lists before I got mine. Missed a couple as sometimes the dealers are slow to add them on. But wait was worth it as it saved me about 2-3K on other available.

Cheers

Steve

Just been onto the dealer with the red one

no movement on price whatsover.

offered me less for ours than Yeovil L/R too just to add insult to injury.

may just have to bide our time and keep looking

PS prices on the Used L/R site are Inc VAT though according to the dealers I've spoken to today

I know it is well out of your area but this place always has a good turnover of stock and if they have 2 or more you are interested in may be worth the trip.

mmmm James French, I've always wondered how he sells his stock at his prices - always over book price.

Shame about the red one Tony. So Tim are you throwing in the roof tent, rack and awning too? ;)

Cheers

Steve

mmmm James French, I've always wondered how he sells his stock at his prices - always over book price.

Shame about the red one Tony. So Tim are you throwing in the roof tent, rack and awning too? ;)

Cheers

Steve

Steve, No,, not at the price TC have ground out of me !!!

The roof tent is " on test " :)

I would steer away from silver. I was looking at new a couple of years ago - the poor finish and wobbly panels really show up badly in silver.

"Poor finish & wobbly panels," come as standard on defender, :lol:

Best you don't look at the dark oslo blues ones, even worse, another reason i when for going silver this time !! current one looks better that the last !!